VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i made a getto ic mister what can i do to stop it from leaking down? ive put a spare pump with a hose in the top of the washer tank. i thought that would solve the problem. nope. ive tried lawn mower fuel filter inline. nope. fish tank check valve. nope. i know i need a crack pressure valve from accuspray but i dont want to use that. i found great nozzles that can provide a good mist at speed, but they are just sprayers not valves. crack vlave is my absolute last resort any other suggestions. tomorrow im gonna try a couple other ideas. anyone that knows about physics, im trying to come up with a bleed off valve that vents the hose at the top when the pump is off so it breaks the cyphoning effect. any sugg.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Re: ic mister (v8282w)

your sure its leaking from the hose? the check valve should stop that. try another check valve and make sure you put it in the correct flow position.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ic mister (FreeStage3)

the rubber check vavle i got does nothing to stop the leak, it is not a pressure check valve it is only a directional one. im gonna go try to find a spring check valve, all the pet shop around here only carry the rubber ones. will a spring one do the trick. p.s. if it was backwards no water would come out at all.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts

WHere is yours leaking?
and how much is leaking?
Ive had mine on for 2 days, and It has no leaks(crosses fingers)
Doesn't the washer pump act as a crack valve?? I used the actual "elbow" from the stock pipe!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ic mister (jazzgtivr6)

mine is leaking from the nozzle itself, i am using a spare pump with a hose going into the top of the washer tank going down to the bottom. for those of you that used a check valve to stop the leak, what kind did you get and from where? thnx for the pic hopefully it'll get more looks.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Instead of messing around with it, you should have just purchased one for about $50 that works?????????????? I think EVO has them

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Does anyone know if these things really provide gains? Anyone with VAG-COM logs, or something like it?

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Re: ic mister (smd3)

It keeps you from losing Hp, you don't actually "gain" any....just regains what you've lost due to heat............

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Re: ic mister (Tadd)

Actually I understand that. I guess my post was a little hasty. I'm just wondering if anyone has solid proof that it's worth the effort.

·
Banned
5,344 Posts
Re: ic mister (smd3)

reduces heat = less heat soak= less loss of power... end of story... keep his post on track... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: ic mister (turbovw18)

ty, my thought exactly. i could have bought a kit $50, your right, thnx for pointing that out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
does anyone know the answer to my question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts