VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you all think of this kit? maybe if i also bought a nitrous solenoid to control spray rather than just the valve? i already have a switch activated by boost and its adjustable too. sound like something worth getting?

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: IC sprayer...$80 (runhopskipendub)

looks cool. Wouldn't you want to spray during the whole run? How big is the bottle(10lb?15lb?)? If i were to use it to make that mad 20hp i'd wanna have an arming switch, and a hobbes (aka nuespeed doohickey) to have it cool the intercooler the whole run. Fitment might be tight with stock intercooler.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Re: IC sprayer...$80 (88mk2g60)

Yeah, since they custom make the sprayer to size, it doesn't sound half bad and you can get C02 refilled all over the place.
Brian

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: IC sprayer...$80 (Tommy D)

well i went ahead and made a bid on a set. i will let you all know how it goes when ever it gers here...if i win it

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

Good luck with the co2 sprayer, let us know how it works out. I emailed the guy about the bottle size and he said its a 20oz bottle. that should be the right size to mount under the rear arm rest.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i got an idea for the sprayer system. is there a way i can hook up a flasher relay to control the opening and closing of the solenoid? when ever you needed the spray(1/4 mile) you could turn on the power to the relay and have it shoot bursts of co2 just like your blinker flashes

·
Registered
49 Posts

If you need a bigger C02 tank they are pretty easy to get, go to a place that sells paintball equipment and you can get them as big as you like.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: IC sprayer...$80 (The Amish Pimp)

well if you are at the track you can hotwire a switch to the horn.
remove the horns, massive amp'd power wires.
press the horn to spray, then have a switch when you are going down the track hit it and it keeps the horn wire lit.
unplug noid from horn and put horns back on and drive home.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: IC sprayer...$80 (mrkrad)

i was thinking about the horn option but it feels too far to reach for. and i dont think i would want it to spray constant.

·
Registered
308 Posts

what a jerk... bidding ended may 24th and it's just shipping today on june 7th?
I want to know how it works out. From the product picture it looks like it's too long for the stock ic on my corrado.
Post when u get it!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Re: IC sprayer...$80 (GenuineDraft8)

Quote, originally posted by GenuineDraft8 »
what a jerk... bidding ended may 24th and it's just shipping today on june 7th?
I want to know how it works out. From the product picture it looks like it's too long for the stock ic on my corrado.
Post when u get it!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

well i think he has to fabricate thr sprayer size so it will fit the car. but anyway id really like to see how that turns out too!
is there an easy way that you can hook up an activation switch?

Modified by lucmb94 at 5:54 AM 6-8-2004

·
Banned
742 Posts
Re: IC sprayer...$80 (GenuineDraft8)

Just to let you guys who are unfamiliar with co2 tanks and there sizes 20oz is a VERY small tank. For a paintball gun you would get about 1000 quick bursts, that requires a fraction of the co2 in the tank for each shot. Now in that kit it looks like they just gave you a general valve with some hose. With that type of setup you would be lucky to get 5 solid 5 sec sprays out of it. Not to mention it is about $10 to fill that tank around here. If you wanted to run that without filling it every other day you would need at least a 5 or 10# cylinder which are about $75 , similar to a No2 bottle. That is why you don't see tiny No2 bottles except in the old sneeky pete kits.
Iwould save save your money for an air/water IC.
Not meant as a flame just a criticism of there lack of information with the auction.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts