VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
25,705 Posts
Trying to keep up with all the different ID #zz concepts and which production cars they became... I think I got them all?
ID = ID.3
ID Crozz = ID.4
ID Vizzion = ID.5
ID Roomzz = ID.6
ID Buzz = ID.7

I don't think ID Buggy is headed to production. Not enough Zs in the name.

·
Registered
85,008 Posts
Is this the new Jetta Sportwagen?

·
Registered
85,008 Posts

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
Perhaps VW will keep trying with wagons. In the case of an EV, aerodynamic efficiency, and thus frontal area, become critical factors. A wagon with properly-sorted aerodynamics will have a longer range than a similar-sized-but-higher CUV.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Perhaps VW will keep trying with wagons. In the case of an EV, aerodynamic efficiency, and thus frontal area, become critical factors. A wagon with properly-sorted aerodynamics will have a longer range than a similar-sized-but-higher CUV.
This is a good point. I hope you're correct. Having bought a new VW wagon thinking they were killing them off I'm slightly jealous of the potential of this being sold here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Golf R, 2019 XC90
7,224 Posts
There's a lot of camo, but the cutlines and panel shaping seem close to the Aero B patent image (except for the whole tail end, of course).

I'll be curious what the final C-pillar looks like, whether it's like the Aero concept (the red sedan) and hopefully not like a 1992 Buick Regal sedan.

·
Registered
2014 VW CC R-Line
168 Posts
I saw this a few days ago and was too lazy to post it, so I'm happy to see someone else did. Within a few years I'd like to look at replacing my CC with an EV depending on what's available. I have a few thoughts about this car:
1. I'm so glad to see a CAR of some kind. Totally over the crossover and SUV-everything thing. Team car here, lol.
2. The proportions are weird, so hopefully it ends up looking good.
3. Will it come to the US?????????

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Got excited to see this thread bumped. Imagine my disappointment when someone posted pictures of an ugly sedan in this thread about an upcoming wagon. :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got excited to see this thread bumped. Imagine my disappointment when someone posted pictures of an ugly sedan in this thread about an upcoming wagon. :(
Well I think it still is relevant. The code name is now Aero B, but before the sedan was Vizzion and the wagon was the Space Vizzion.

If the styling of the sedan has changed this much then I doubt the wagon will look anything like what debuted at the 2019 L.A. Auto Show.

With the all the camo it’s hard to tell what it will really look like, but the rear tail light shape makes me this of a Tesla 3 and the front of the car looks like the current generation Jetta. They should bring both the sedan and wagon version over to the US and if an R version is made they should bring that over too.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts