VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey let’s take our 4 door hatchback design and give it a lift, good ship it to the states, now let’s take that first rendereing and just click and drag. Woo success. Let’s go to lunch.

can someone from the Piech lineage please take the reigns.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well I think it still is relevant. The code name is now Aero B, but before the sedan was Vizzion and the wagon was the Space Vizzion.

If the styling of the sedan has changed this much then I doubt the wagon will look anything like what debuted at the 2019 L.A. Auto Show.

With the all the camo it’s hard to tell what it will really look like, but the rear tail light shape makes me this of a Tesla 3 and the front of the car looks like the current generation Jetta. They should bring both the sedan and wagon version over to the US and if an R version is made they should bring that over too.
I believe it will be pretty close to what we saw on the Space Vizzion, minus all the concept-car touches. Front and rear ends on the test car are heavily disguised, but you can see that the tailight will be a bar going from one side to other, just like the ones on the Vizzion.

Also, the sidelines match the concept:

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
I am pretty sure the back of the side windows will be brought back to a point (as it was on the concept car) as opposed to being Nissan Altima-ish with the upward kick at the back. If you look at the beltline behind where the visible part of the windows end, there's an odd kink that matches up to where the top of the window would reach the beltline if it were extended back following the same curve. That alone will make this look a whole lot better.

This is a 5 door hatchback, not a sedan. That's a plus.

I'd rather have this than an ID4.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am pretty sure the back of the side windows will be brought back to a point (as it was on the concept car) as opposed to being Nissan Altima-ish with the upward kick at the back. If you look at the beltline behind where the visible part of the windows end, there's an odd kink that matches up to where the top of the window would reach the beltline if it were extended back following the same curve. That alone will make this look a whole lot better.

Yes, it should handle better and is not an SUV. Having a “hatch” like the Arteon makes it practical and the roofline shows that real adults can be seated in the back without having to have any heads roll.

They should bring it to North America.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I believe it will be pretty close to what we saw on the Space Vizzion, minus all the concept-car touches. Front and rear ends on the test car are heavily disguised, but you can see that the tailight will be a bar going from one side to other, just like the ones on the Vizzion.

Also, the sidelines match the concept:

Yep, a heavily camouflaged test mule.
You are right. It definitely has the same character lines on the side. Maybe it will have a functional frunk?

It will definitely not have Tesla 3 tail lights. That style was originally used on old Audi A4s and then Honda Civics. Definitely dated, but makes people who see it from the rear think it’s a Tesla 3.

Really good camouflage.

·
Registered
257 Posts

There's Chinese spy pics that shows the D-pillar window with less camo, and it does touch the beltline. I just hope that it doesn't make the car look odd like the MB EQS.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Enviado de meu SM-G980F usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
Looking at EQS photos now. The EQS has a droopy butt, which this doesn't appear to have. The EQS has a busy front end; if the front of this VW ends up like the ID4, that's a lot cleaner. The EQS has the front pushed further out front, with more "prestige gap" between the wheelwell and the door, but that doesn't look right on a cab-forward design (which makes sense in an EV that has no engine up front).

It's going to have a big cabin and short overhangs - and that's sensible for an EV. I think it'll be fine. I like what I'm seeing with this so far (and I don't care for the ID4).

81 - 90 of 90 Posts