VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150 (ordered)
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel

I'm stumped.

·
Registered
MINI R60 JCW, BMW F30 B58
4,117 Posts
My first thought was E90 but closer examination shows the BMW’s prestige gap puts front wheel on the E90 basically next the headlight.

Maybe something FWD based.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: PRZFGHTR

·
Registered
47,921 Posts
My first thought was E90 but closer examination shows the BMW’s prestige gap puts front wheel on the E90 basically next the headlight.

Maybe something FWD based.

Look at the still again, there appears to be compression. It could be the BMW, as that looks scrunched-up at the wheel/prestige gap area to the point that the wheel wouldn't roll and the wheel opening is too small to accommodate a wheel. Also note how the car behind it looks scrunched in the hood, too.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fog light almost looks like it's more on the side than the front and the body line between the windows and door handles is not very BMW ish.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking the same thing, but the latest design. The headlights, taillights and fog lights all wrap around a little bit more than the earlier generation.

View attachment 152141
Found one with lights on. The lights seem too narrow to give off the same blob of light in the original photo.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
MINI R60 JCW, BMW F30 B58
4,117 Posts
The Altima and newer Fusion above have the headlights much closer to the front wheel arch so seems like a different car to me. Is there a video clip of the car in motion?

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Altima and newer Fusion above have the headlights much closer to the front wheel arch so seems like a different car to me. Is there a video clip of the car in motion?
Not that I can find.

Apparently someone heard some bangs and found their car on fire. I wonder if the Explorer in the photo is what was burning. It sure looks like the interior is lit in the photo.

·
Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
8,696 Posts
I see a ~2010 Corolla. The fog light location is pretty far back so as to appear on the side, it has the same general shape and headlight wraparound, and while it's hard to judge the size since there's perspective in the photo it looks more like a compact than a mid-size to me.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Impala?

Edit: Google says that gen Explorer is 189.5 inches long. The Impala is 200.4 inches. I think the Impala is too big. The Malibu and Altima posted above are both 191.5. That seems like a more realistic match to the photo in terms of size.

The Corolla is 178.7 and the Corolla looks more compact than the crappy photo.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Remember with motion and dark conditions, anywhere there is light (tail/head) will blow out and with motion blur, appear larger than looks. In this case, the 10-12 Fusion is most likely it. The body lines, headlamps, foglamps, even tail lamps all line up perfectly. The Fusion was the first thing that popped into my head when I first looked at the image without looking at the aforementioned guesses.

·
Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
8,696 Posts
I see a ~2010 Corolla. The fog light location is pretty far back so as to appear on the side, it has the same general shape and headlight wraparound, and while it's hard to judge the size since there's perspective in the photo it looks more like a compact than a mid-size to me.
I have used the photoshop.
Car Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Only real issues I see are that the fog light is in wrong place and the rear taillight seems too small. I assume we're looking at a still pulled from video so it could be resolved from two frames as the car moves forward. DSP can do some weird stuff sometimes.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts