VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my friend has a 350z and is currently building it to have over 500hp. he just decided on a stroker kit that bumps his car up to 450rwhp. so he asks me if there is anything like that out for the r. and i think about it and tell him no, but no i am curious again. is there any way to increase the compression of the r, is it not recommended to have it bored out, or just what can one do when beefing up internals of the engine (to be able to run it as hard as possible all day without breaking something) to give that kind of insane power increase that the stroker kit will do for the z. or is all this just something that r owners can drool about and proudly say that this is another thing doesn't exist for our cars.
btw, i heard that eip has done some work with their cars to include beefing up the internals in order to handle a huge power increase. does anyone know the specifics of that.
i really am looking to get the most power that is possible to get out of the small 3.2l engine before, or maybe even without having to, put a turbo on the car. thanx in advance.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: idea from my roommate on the r.... (RussT_DUBz)

thank you for that link.
i checked the search, and nothing satisfying appeared. i looked at eip website and i didnt see anything talking about what they did to the internals for their stage 4. short of calling eip and asking, is there any other info out there on this topic. once i have done all my reasearch, then i will call eip.

G

·
Stage 4 is like dangerous...
That's 3x the stock power with little weight difference. Pretty sure you have to upgrade the diffs, cams, mounts, etc. The car's not designed for that much power.
If you're seriously interested in the kit, IM eiprich.

·
Banned
10,348 Posts
Re: (smashtheqube)

HGP has a pretty powerful kit - got the fastest 0-30mph time for any street car. One of the fastest 0-60 times for a street car as well - within 0.2 seconds of the fastest street Lambo, Ferrari, etc, and at less than 1/5th the cost.
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tuned/0401ec_vwgolf/
http://www.hpamotorsports.com is the North American dealer for HGP.
You can beat 99.99% of the cars on the street for only $90,000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.