VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pritty new to the vdub scene http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif there for i dont really know as much as i would like to, i have two mk3 jettas a glx and a 2.o gl, now i hear that the VR6 is the best stock engine for that time period and im not skilled enough to pull off a 1.8t swap
. so i was just wondering what the most cost efective mods are for this engine?
i have read that they have flow problems in the back 3 cylinders and that the best this to do is a port and polish witha big valve head and a reprogramed ecu ?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Re: ideal modes for this engine (mk3dream)

Go FI. Check out the link in my sig. Haha
The flow problem in the back 3 is something I have never heard of. The intake runners do compensation for the flow rate, but there isn't a flow problem to specific cylinders.
Literally as far as "bang-for-buck" goes, FI is your best bet.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Re: ideal modes for this engine (need_a_VR6)

That's what I was trying to say, I just have communication issues haha.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: ideal modes for this engine (kermani)

yea thats along the same lines as to what i heard , ? can the 24 V head be placed on an older vr6 ? and as far as FI goes thats a little outa my range for now lol
student waging sucks in canada

·
Registered
2,908 Posts

No no no no no and no.
It's in the FAQ. 24v heads do not bolt onto a 12v block. It's ok. You are not the first to ask...

·
Registered
283 Posts

Read the FAQ, lots of good info. Cheap mods for best gains: Cams, software, intake/exhaust. Also removal of things like AC. From there it gets into more expensive things like port/polish, boring, FI, etc.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

im pritty new to this site and iv looked maby im an idiot but i can find the FAQ s think im looking in the wrong places?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts