VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like it states ... picking up a set of winter wheels or off season wheels i guess u can say ... whats the ideal tire size for the 15" corrado steelies that everyone is using ?? car is very low on coilovers
thanx
car they will b going on

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Re: Ideal tire size 15" corrado steelies ? (BlakVRTBeast)

Im sorry that I do not have an answer for you but I was wondering where on long island are you from?
I dont think ive ever seen your car? Looks really good tho
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Ideal tire size 15" corrado steelies ? (SoCal_SFVR6)

Quote, originally posted by SoCal_SFVR6 »

Shoot, not even draggin Vr lip.

that was after the car was raised up a bit to go to the track to fit the drag radials ... i'm from Floral Park , i used to go to thurs night meets all the time but the car didnt make it out last season but def coming out bigger and better this yr ... but getting back on topic i guess im gonna go with the
195/45/15 or the 50's ... any one else got any input or a know if anyone has a good deal on these tires ?

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Re: Ideal tire size 15" corrado steelies ? (BlakVRTBeast)

I run 205/50/15s. Great comfort and handling http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by gonzo08452 »
I run 205/50/15s. Great comfort and handling http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is stock 23" diameter... No bueno. 195/45 is like 21.1" diameter. Much more fender clearance.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Re: (BlakVRTBeast)

if you want to go for looks, go with the 195/45/15s. those ideally look sick and you could go lower without rubbin. but if you want to handle, function, and a little more comfort go with 205/50/15. it alot depends on the brand of tire you go with. thats just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im most likely gonna go with the Falken 912 since the 512 seems to be discontinued ... its not all for looks , the car is a vr6 turbo so i do need some functionality but at the same time these are just gonna be my off season wheel/tire set up

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: FV-QR (Project_2501)

Quote, originally posted by Project_2501 »
onlinetires.com

thanx great prices but their shipping rates is way too high !!! almost $80 to ship 4 tires ... no thanx , everyone else shipping is less than $40 ...thanx for the help guys

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.