VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got into a wreck and need a new hood...im really leaning towards a carbonfiber boser...which brands would be best to get? ive seen eurogear's and i really like it...also maybe which grilles should i look at? maybe a badgeless 3 bar or somethin?

·
Registered
938 Posts
do you have any pics of your car? what color? tornado red? bmp? pg? blue? i can see its a gli by ur nickname and all....

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Re: (zamm3k)

What kind of wreck did you get into that you just need a hood and grille? Just curious. I would guess you would need a bumper and maybe headlights as well.

IMO, bosers, esp. angry bosers are silly looking. I like sleepy bosers if I had to choose. If you get CF, I would paint it.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Re: (SoEuroS4)

Depending on what you have on your car is what kind of hood you should get. like an OEM kit or something i would go for a normal notch filled. but smoething aftermarket i would say boser.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Re: (GLImaster)

The only reason I asked, as mentioned before, was you have to match the style of the hood to the rest of the front end...
What bumper are you looking at?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (SoEuroS4)

stock bumper so i can spend as little as possible other than the insurance money i get...i REALLY hope they pay for the valance cause its not hurt and i have been wanting to get a new one...if they dont pay for it im just gonna sand it down and respray it

·
Registered
6,562 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GLImaster »
stock bumper so i can spend as little as possible other than the insurance money i get...i REALLY hope they pay for the valance cause its not hurt and i have been wanting to get a new one...if they dont pay for it im just gonna sand it down and respray it

Here some of my favorite jettas with the 3 typical hoods, hope this helps...

Sleepy Boser

Slightly angry boser

Filled notch

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (EvanBoyle)

can u give me a link to the sites that have the angry and sleepy bosers for sale?

Quote, originally posted by EvanBoyle »
if they pay for a new one, can i buy yours? Mine is cracked and i have a pg gli too!

yea sure ill sell it to u, but u would need to get some work done to it to fix the very front part of the hood, im not sure if it would be worth it for u...ill post a better pic of the hood tomorrow

·
Registered
10,266 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GLImaster »
can u give me a link to the sites that have the angry and sleepy bosers for sale?

They don't exist. They're custom metal. You can get a SpeedTech extension for the subtle boser look. I actually think they look good on the Jettas(not so much the GTIs). Just tell the shop what you want and have them weld it up for you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (miss vdub)

i was at a stoplight and someone hit me from behind goin like 35 or so, which bumped me into a truck infront of me...im pretty sure im gonna get the eurogear boser...anyone got ideas on grilles? where can i get a 3 bar badgeless? also, im thinkin about painting it PG on the sides and leave the carbon fiber in the center going to the grille...think this will look good on a PG car?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (dOWa423)

i ordered the eurogear CF boser...ill be doin the v-shape paint job leavin the CF in the middle...ill post pics once its outta the shop

·
Registered
516 Posts
yeah i like the jetta sleepy ...but not so much on the GTI it to me just doesn't look right. unless the ends were welded into the fenders as someone mentioned b4. I donno just not my style i like the aggressive slant

1 - 19 of 19 Posts