VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's black with a red stripe, with a female spade end, that's hanging down below the middle of my '75 Rabbit dash.
Anyone know of what it's for?
Right now, my temp & fuel gauges don't work, my cluster lights don't work, my "bright" indicator glows all the time, my turn signal indicator light doesn't work, my fan doesn't work, my tach is dead. That could all be from my tach swap that needs serious debugging, as all of this worked before....
Identifying the wire will be one less issue in the way.

Modified by clintg60-16v at 7:46 PM 7-2-2008

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Re: Identify this wire... (clintg60-16v)

I feel your pain. i also have the mystery always on brights ind. light, and my signals don't work in my cluster as well. interested to see this work out for ya http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
but i don't know what the random wire is, so ise yousless

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Identify this wire... (funnee84bunny)

I've got a 1975 2-gauge cluster on the way, so I can diagnose what I did. The tach I dropped in (and pressed circuit board) was from a 1975 Scirocco, and a 13-pin connector, so I thought it'd be plug and play.
HA! At least the tach looks good in there...sitting there...at 0 RPMs...

·
Registered
782 Posts
When I find "dead end" wires I usually use the process of elimination to find out where they once belonged.
I think your best bet would be finding where the wire is located on the fuse box or finding the male connector and associated matching wire.

(^^thank you captain obvious)

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Re: Identify this wire... (clintg60-16v)

Slightly OT
Did you wire in the Tach?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Re: Identify this wire... (PoorHouse)

fat red/black...i could be guessing here, but is it the lighter or main power for the blower?
a picture would help tremendously

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Identify this wire... (silvervdubs99)

Working on it tomorrow...haven't pulled the cluster out yet to trace the line....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts