VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im trying to get a 2.0 block to do a swap with and i was curious if there were any markings on the block itself that identified what was within. The junk yard i go to has various models of Jetta's, golfs, and Cabrio's. Which year did they start making the block? Perhaps i will be able to locate one that way. Were these only produced with the cross flow head or did at some point did they have the regular 8v?. Thanks, and any help would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Re: Identifying a 2.0 Block (Metho)

The 2.0L ABA crossflow was produced from '93-98 or so in the the Golf and Jetta and is still in the Cabrio. For a swap I'd try to get a pre-'96 engine as these are OBDI and a little easier to wire up IMO. Another 2.0L is the 3A and it comes out of an Audi 40. This swap requires the use of a VW 8V head and fuel injection system as the audi head and manifold don't really fit so well. I'd go check out the Hybrid/Swap forum as they have more info.
The blocks do have numbers that say what they are but I don't remember which codes are which and they're almost impossible to read anyway due to rust and their location.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Identifying a 2.0 Block (Fast2.0L)

Hey, Im actually planning to use the old 8v head anyway. Dont want to do any wiring so i wont be using the cross flow. But what years were the audi 40? made. Or is that an Audi4000?. Thanks Billy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.