VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I'd love to see Japanese drivers to succeed in F1 and I hate to say it, but Aguri should be looking for someone other than Ide imo.
Yea he doesnt have enough experience in the F1 seat yet and he's bringing in $$ from Japanese fan base but that's not an excuse for punting out Albers to gravel like that, plus his performances in the past races this year.
I'd wanna say "Give him some time" but I don't think there's much room left for that especially for the team Aguri itself.
Maybe they can bring in Davidson, ,
oh wait, If Davidson race on the same pace as Take or faster, Taku might pull one of his "Late-brake and Crash" moves on Davidson..

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Re: IDEot,, or not? (satinsilvr6)

He's dangerous
Albers should have beat the ever-loving crap outta him http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Re: IDEot,, or not? (vdubjb)

C'mon, loook at the bright side. How often do we get to see the bottom of an F1 car?
Honestly, I said the same things about Sato last season, and he seems to be doing alright this season.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Re: IDEot,, or not? (venom600)

I think Sato in the Super Aguri has done an OUTSTANDING job this season.
He was ahead of the Midlands & Rubino in Australia, and was keeping ahead of them for quite a while. And he's been ahead of Tiago for quite a few laps over the past few races.
I've been impressed, I didn't think they would give Midland a run for their money. Considering they are in a 4 year old car, and they only knew they would be in F1 a few months ago!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: IDEot,, or not? (mAdD INDIAN)

hey at least Ide made some contributions by:
-making Sato look really good. (I do think Sato's doing a great job with what he has so far. )
-not wasting anytime to save gas for both his and Albers' car, thus slowing down Global warming. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
As a Japanese F1 fan, this is embarassing. Ide gave the rest of the world more reason to say that "Japanese racers are plain nuts with no skills."
sigh..

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
I think he is a menace and neeeds to be stopped.
I think that Sato is doing good becuase he's a few seconds slower in this car, his reactions don't have to be any sharper than they already were.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Re: (wiredvw)

Formula One is the a number one top level motorsport. Ide is not Formula One calibre, period.
Biases aside, I'm confident that a great many of drivers on the grid are viewed as fast and competent by most fans, no matter where your allegiance lies. Ide is a laughing stock and is obviously wildly incompetent. He does not belong in a Grand Prix car.
Granted, the Albers wreck could have involved anyone, but it didn't. It involved Ide.

Modified by veedub87 at 5:57 AM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Re: (veedub87)

http://www.f1racing.net/en/col...16167
This is what Albers had to say:
Quote »

A lot has been said about Yuji Ide. I don't think the FIA should pull in his Super License or anything. He made a mistake… Any rookie can make a mistake and young talents should receive a second chance in this sport, there are already too many old guys hanging around for years in F1.

I must say, my respect for him just went up after reading that.

Modified by mAdD INDIAN at 3:51 AM 4-25-2006

·
Registered
44,112 Posts
Re: (mAdD INDIAN)

Quote, originally posted by mAdD INDIAN »
http://www.f1racing.net/en/col...16167
This is what Albers had to say:

I must say, my respect for him just went up after reading that.

That HAD to have been fed to him by team officials. Did you see when they got him out of the car. The marshals had to hang on to him to keep him from charging Ide

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Re: (ATL_Av8r)

Quote, originally posted by ATL_Av8r »
That HAD to have been fed to him by team officials. Did you see when they got him out of the car. The marshals had to hang on to him to keep him from charging Ide

Nah, he was definitely upset and angry, but I don't think he was going to go attact Ide. Even when Louise Goodman interviewed him in the pits, he was clearly upset and questioned Ide's move, but didn't seem angry at him, but rather at the situation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just think Ide really needs to be put in like BMW Formula USA with all the other 17 year olds. Get some experience there and then go to formula 3 and then forumula 1.

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
Re: (ATL_Av8r)

Quote, originally posted by ATL_Av8r »
Did you see when they got him out of the car. The marshals had to hang on to him to keep him from charging Ide

Albers should've done a NASCAR-style helmet throw at Ide.
Quote, originally posted by Aguri Suzuki »

"My team is very new, and he had not had much testing before the race in Bahrain," said Aguri Suzuki. "He didn't have enough testing because he doesn't understand how to use the car."

Then put him in the freaking Friday car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modified by F1_Fan at 11:57 PM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
Re: (jdouble)

Quote, originally posted by jdouble »
They don't have a friday car.

Test car, then. Whatever, have him turn a few thousand laps testing tires until he learns the dynamics of his car.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Re: (F1_Fan)

I think thats the point, they dont have spare cars, they're a very low funded team using old chassis'. Infact, I think it was Sato's car that was housed in an AIRPORT LOBBY since it was retired, before coming back to use on the track.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: (ceemerace)

Quote, originally posted by ceemerace »
I just think Ide really needs to be put in like BMW Formula USA with all the other 17 year olds. Get some experience there and then go to formula 3 and then forumula 1.

Ide has a TON of experience in cars that are ALOT faster than FBMW. Tiago Monteiro and Kimi barely had any experience upon entering F1.
It's simple, they have to use Davidson for the remainder of the season.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

more chance of montagny getting the drive.
Honda like to hog Davidson all for themselves without ever giving him a proper chance to race

·
Registered
2,496 Posts

Like I stated above, I don't think it matters what experience the driver has coming into F1 (obviously the more the better) (he** Rossi may even get a chance at F1) as long as they get sufficient testing time behind the wheel...something SA have failed to do.
However, they did have one test recently for Ide, but it was all for not with technical problems the entire time. But 1 day isn't enough! I mean JV took some time off and he even had trouble getting to grips with the new F1 cars when he came back and he is a former WDC!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts