VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IDF MKIV Drop Plates****$220****

Drop Plates are in stock and ready to ship!

Designed for bagged/ lowered cars, these plates mount to the rear beam, relocating the hub to provide up to 23mm of drop, center the wheels in the wheel well, and add 2* of camber. All mounting Hardware and Loctite packets provided.

The 2* of camber is designed to offset the thickness of the plate leaving the top of the tire within 5mm of its location before installation. On a 24" overall diameter wheel and tire, the top of the tire moves inward 2.5 mm. Anything larger will move inward farther.

Bolt on in installation requires removal of rear wheel bearing
For installation information, check out Billburt's DIY thread
Bolts Securing the plate to the hub must be torqued to 47 ft. lbs.

Features

• Black Zinc Coating
  • Laser Cut and CNC machined
  • Constructed from 1018 Steel
  • Grade 10.9 Metric Hardware included
  • Loctite 242 capsule included

Price: $220

Payment: Check out www.InnFab.com

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
i know they say designed for cars on air but do you have any shots of someone static running them?

·
Banned
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know they say designed for cars on air but do you have any shots of someone static running them?
The plates work just as well on static cars, it all depends on the wheel size and ride height. The higher the car and bigger the wheel, the more the wheel gets pushed backward.

This car has 17's and pulled fenders. The wheel is slightly forward when aired out, centered at ride height, and backward when raised.

On 18s, the wheel is centered when aired out, and slightly towards the rear at ride height, but I don't have any pictures to show this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey posted in the old thread hadnt seen this please let me know if you can help im rubbing the pump behind my fender liner and im barely above my tires i cant ride any lower??:banghead:

·
Registered
253 Posts
MKIV Drop Plates in stock ready to ship!

Designed for bagged/ lowered cars, these plates mount to the rear beam, relocating the hub to provide up to 23mm of drop, center the wheels in the wheel well, and add 2* of camber. All mounting Hardware and Loctite packets provided.

The 2* of camber is designed to offset the thickness of the plate leaving the top of the wheel within 5mm of its location before installation.
when you say provides up to 23mm of drop how is that? do you order specific heights or is it adjust able?

could you use these for the 23mm of drop then raise coils up some to get more travel?

·
Banned
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey posted in the old thread hadnt seen this please let me know if you can help im rubbing the pump behind my fender liner and im barely above my tires i cant ride any lower??:banghead:
That is part of the evap system and can be moved out of the way, its held in by a screw right above the part.

when you say provides up to 23mm of drop how is that? do you order specific heights or is it adjust able?

could you use these for the 23mm of drop then raise coils up some to get more travel?
Its not adjustable, the amount it drops the car depends on the angle of the beam, 23mm is the max you'll see. And yes your exactly right, the coils can be raised up that amount and allow more travel and in turn a better ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I may need a set of these once my wheels get and I can play with the fitment. Awesome product btw any toe issues with these?

·
Banned
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I may need a set of these once my wheels get and I can play with the fitment. Awesome product btw any toe issues with these?
We accounted for toe in the design but because every car's ride height isn't the same, we suggest getting an alignment to get it perfect for your car.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts