VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to vent.
I was driving home just now on HWY 7 towards waterloo. I was going a decent speed around 100-110. Yes speeding...oh my! I come over a hill to see two sets of head lights facing me. Someone is passing and they are in my lane. Quick thinking makes me realize i need to move or I'm going to be toast. So i swerve to the side of the road and not seconds after, this IDIOT whooshes by my car so fast that the wind makes my car wobble. I lay on the horn, cause that is the only think i can think to do to let him know he is a ****ing jack ***.

I don't know why people think that passing on a hill is a good idea.
People are idiots. Thanks for letting me rant.

Modified by hilarybilarybop at 10:23 PM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Re: (actng)

Quote, originally posted by actng »
so you were speeding... and you make an unsafe lane change by swerving... and someone has to accelerate to get around you to avoid hitting you is an idiot?

are you serious?

read again....slowly .. repeat a few times if necessary... I am sure eventually you will understand what he's saying

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was speeding, yes, my bad.
I did not make an unsafe lane change. I went onto the shoulder to avoid a head on collision with the guy who was making an unsafe lane change. If that is an unsafe lane change, then my bad as well.
Sorry for making the story a little hard to understand. Hope it is more clear now. And i hope your not thinking i'm the idiot.

Modified by hilarybilarybop at 10:24 PM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Re: (actng)

I know what you mean about people woooshing past you at the speed of sound. I had a guy in some kind of riced out lancer go about 150 km/h past me on a residential street while I was riding my mountain bike last week, I just about fell off...
Glad you avoided an accident and I think as S/W Ontario gets more populated they need to improve Highway 7...

·
Banned
6,427 Posts
Re: (Captain_Volkswagen)

Quote, originally posted by Captain_Volkswagen »
I know what you mean about people woooshing past you at the speed of sound. I had a guy in some kind of riced out lancer go about 150 km/h past me on a residential street while I was riding my mountain bike last week, I just about fell off...
Glad you avoided an accident and I think as S/W Ontario gets more populated they need to improve Highway 7...

Obviously, they should make 2 or 3 lanes each way to better accommodate street racing, and confiscate the cars if they catch people. But as long as there's a middle lane, it's ok to street race in it.

·
Banned
6,427 Posts
Re: Idiots on HWY 7 (TheOneGTI)

Quote, originally posted by TheOneGTI »

WTF??

I wonder why my brownie point level keeps going down

Who are these people who keep taking my points, damnit!

Modified by skillton at 5:02 AM 10-30-2007

·
Registered
963 Posts
Re: Idiots on HWY 7 (skillton)

Quote, originally posted by skillton »

I wonder why my brownie point level keeps going down

Who are these people who keep taking my points, damnit!

Modified by skillton at 5:02 AM 10-30-2007

heheh thanks for the laugh

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: Idiots on HWY 7 (hilarybilarybop)

Quote, originally posted by hilarybilarybop »
I was driving home just now on HWY 7 towards waterloo.

Were you between Guelph and Waterloo?
If so, that little stretch of #7 is really annoying. It's your standard Ontario backroad "highway", which means 80 km/h and passing where appropriate. But the geography only gives motorists a handful of really good places to pass, most of that stretch is elevation changes and blind rises, no good for passing.
The other problem with that stretch between Waterloo and Guelph is people want to cruise (read: standard speed of 80km/h + 20km/h = 100km/h) because they've got places to go, like 'Sauga or Bramptistan or Toronto. But being "rural", you get folks going 85 km/h and backing up traffic, either West- or East-bound. Backed up traffic = irate drivers = even worse for passing due to multi-car passing maneuvers AND trains of oncoming traffic = events like what the OP was in.

But the REALLY dumb thing is, that's only a few km's of road, once you get into Guelph it's multilane and 60 km/h... or once you get to Waterloo/Kitchener it's multilane and 70 km/h.
People are too impatient to just wait 7 minutes, instead of 6 minutes if they weren't "held up", and once you get to the multilane portions in Guelph or 'Loo well then go ahead and work through the traffic backlog.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: Idiots on HWY 7 (wide_load)

Quote, originally posted by wide_load »
Is that stretch the most dangerous stretch of hwy in ontario? or am I confusing it with some other hwy....

Nope, definitely not the same "most dangerous". I think the road you're referring to is north or north-east of TO, once the snow hits the news stations seem to report fatal collisions on that whatever road every day.

#7 goes from Bovaird in North-West Brampton into Georgetown, up through a handful of small communities, and ends-up on the North side of Guelph before continuing into K/W/C.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya they are building a new HWY 7. But not for a while yet i think.
I avoid hwy 7 at almost all costs because of the annoying drivers on it. But last night i wasn't going home until 9:30. There aren't many people on it then, so it's not that bad.
But it is a pretty bad strech of road. There is always accidents on it. They really need to make it 4 lanes wide.
I think it is really funny too that people going from waterloo to guelph will go at least 100 in the 70 two lane part and then drop to 80 (the speed limit) as soon as it hits one lane.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.