VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 (aba engine) with aftermarket pace setter headers. I changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. I have a check engine light since I bought the car 1 year ago. I plugged the car to vagcom and the problems are:
-idle adaptation limit reached (p1582-35-00)
-secondary air injection solenoid not functioning
The secondary air injection pump, solenoid and vacuum are removed because of the headers.
Can anyone please tell me what I can do with the idle adaptation limit reached? Also I whould like to know if there is a way to delete the other problem from my ECM?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: idle adaptation limit reached (Fast VW)

thx a lot for the info! Ill let everyone know about the result since this is the only mk3 in the forums with the idle adaptation limit reached problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: idle adaptation limit reached (vw16vg60bbs)

i removed my throttle body and cleaned it with heavy engine degreeser because i did not have any t.b. cleaner. It was very dirty I also used a old tooth brush to clean it better. The car idles higher when I start it up and then goes to its normal RPM. It does not hesitate when idling anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.