VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is up in the 8v forum too, but i figured id prolly get a good response here
ok so this is my first digi car. i have been trying to get the idle to smooth out, did all the necessary tuneup stuff, replaced the vaccuum lines, car still wont idle right... jumps from like 600-1500 rpms at times.

anyway, so i unplug the vaccuum line that goes into the fuel pressure regulator, and the idle has been fine since i have left it unplugged. would a bad fpr cause the idle to do that? or what is this a sign of.
sorry guys, im new to the 8v thing, these things are picky about running right ive noticed

Modified by CrazyClutchVR6 at 6:18 PM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Re: idle help (CrazyClutchVR6)

If the FPR diaphragm was bad, it could. The vacuum line would be sucking up raw fuel.
But at the same time, an air leak causing a lean condition would do the same thing and disconnecting the hose would raise fuel pressure and compensate.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: idle help (ratdub)

Quote, originally posted by ratdub »
does it have bad gas mileage?

not really, still getting about 400 to the tank (alot of highway though)
Quote, originally posted by Rare Hare »
If the FPR diaphragm was bad, it could. The vacuum line would be sucking up raw fuel.
But at the same time, an air leak causing a lean condition would do the same thing and disconnecting the hose would raise fuel pressure and compensate.

yea it does run rich a little with the line unplugged, i see some black smoke at times, but like the idle is PERFECT with it disconnected. maybe a new fpr would fix the idle

Modified by CrazyClutchVR6 at 11:46 PM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (CrazyClutchVR6)

ok SO... i covered up the vacuum line that is suppose to connect to the fpr, and then it started doing the jumpy idle thing. when i cover up the fpr with my finger, it doesnt do anything... idles just fine.
so i am thinking that the fpr diaphram is froze up or something?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.