VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the screw that is on the backside of the throttle body. I got a problem. It looked like i didn't have one. I heard that rado's have problems with them falling out. I got a mirror, and looked back there. There is an idle screw in there, but its different looking. Its really short, and doesnt even come close to the opening. I got a new one from the dealer ($10!! thats expensive). I unscrewed the old one, but cant get it out. The O ring is making it hard to pull out. It is a flat head. I'm going to get it out somehow. If anything, i'll open up the throttle body.
Can i reuse the throttle body gasket?
The idle went up to 1,100 now because the old screw is almost out. When i get the right screw in, how do i adjust the throttle, and how do i know how much to tie the screw?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Re: Idle screw (redrocketrado)

mrkrad is resting form his other informative replies.
First the stock idle screw head is slotted and a 6mm bolt. use a socket and please don't remove the TB to remove the screw. if you do you will need a new gasket $6. The screw can be reused but if you have a proper replacment go ahead and use the new oring. unbolt the old screw and then pull it out with some grit on your mind. then when reinstalling it with a new oring use some loctite and tighten the screw all the way. if your idle isn't at 750-850 check the vacume lines behind the TB or under the large pipe feening the TB. The vacume leaks are a #1 reason for a bad idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts