VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had idle stabilizer vales mess up before and they simply allow the idle to jump all over the map. Replacing it or removing the wiring harness would show obvious improvement. Now my problem is the idle sticks at about 1600... it is not consitant and I have not yet tested the idle stabilizer or tried to clean it. Anyone else had simliar experiences.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Idle Stabilizers (SauerKraut)

I am sorry, I must have been unclear with my post. Any time before that I would have idle stabiler problems the idle bounced and it would straighten out when unpluged or replaced. This time I am pretty sure that I am looking at the idle stabilizer sticking open but the idle will not drop when disconnected. I should spend a little more time investigating but just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem before.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Re: Idle Stabilizers (reda2gli)

quote:[HR][/HR]This time I am pretty sure that I am looking at the idle stabilizer sticking open but the idle will not drop when disconnected.[HR][/HR]​
Check the operation of the butterflies in the throttle body. One could be sticking open. See the top of the TB, and the shafts that stick out of it? Give those shafts a squirt of penetrant or WD40 (with the engine off) and work those shafts. You may have to take the intake tube off the TB to squirt the insides as well, but make sure both of those butterflies close all the way when at idle.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Re: Idle Stabilizers (VWDrvrsWtd)

And take off the ISV and run some electrical parts cleaner or if you don't have any then carb or TB cleaner (careful not to spray the electrical connectors or harness) through it until no more black fluid comes out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.