VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I put my idle and air/fuel ratio in spec and the idle is lil better but after i drive a bit and stop it drops 2 or 3 times ( almost stalls) then sits nicely at 900rpm.
i noticed as i was dropping the mA to spec on the fuel distributor my car pinged more. eh?
anyway o2 sensor i am changing tomorrow but if anyone else can jump in please do.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: idle still bad recommendation (eastcoastdubs)

My car starting doing this after I changed the mixture. Please keep me updated on how you resolve the problem.
Thanks
-Rob 87 GTI 16V

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

Hmm, you've tried quite a few things. I would change the injector o-rings next...might even have a bad injector (this would account for the pinging).

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: idle still bad recommendation (Trav)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hmm, you've tried quite a few things. I would change the injector o-rings next...might even have a bad injector (this would account for the pinging). [HR][/HR]​
sounds good to me. If the O2 doesnt do it. that is my next plan. but is there an injector upgrade? how much would new injectors, o-rings etc. be? where to get?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts

If you're running CIS-E, you must adjust the idle after changing the fuel mixture. It's all on my site.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: idle still bad recommendation (9A16V)

i did that thanks to your site i think. the gti16v tuning stuff? If so it helped me out big time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts