VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My idle is all messed up and i cant figure out what is causing it.....i pulled off the idle control stabilizer.....i think thats what its call....and blew it out with the air compressor......checked my vac. lines and didn't find one that was messed up....AHHHHHH......i cant figure it out.
My second problem is that there is a click coming from my engine and this i no idea where i should even start to look...any ideas?. The click happens when i rev the engine up...its really quite but im worried cuz i know that i cant afford to replace a 16v
Oh i have the 1.8 16v

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Idle (vision40)

oh its cis

·
Registered
820 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vision40 »
My idle is all messed up and i cant figure out what is causing it....

Define messed up.
G

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Idle (Ovey1)

drops down to 300 almost dies shoots up to 1500

·
Registered
820 Posts

You need to clean your ISV with carb cleaner/throttle body cleaner. Let it soak a little while and flush it out good. You might also want to clean all your electrical connectors with Deoxit or another contact enhancer.
Greg

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Idle (Ovey1)

ISV?

·
Registered
714 Posts
that would be idle stabilizer valve.
It should be to the right of your intake manifold w/one electrical connection and two hoses....

·
Registered
253 Posts

Also make sure the idle switch on the throttle body is engaging when at idle. If the accelerator cable is worn/kinked/sticking, it could stick before engaging the idle switch. If the switch does not engage, then the ISV does not function. Just another possibility.
-Robert

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (turoc)

Quote, originally posted by turoc »
that would be idle stabilizer valve.
It should be to the right of your intake manifold w/one electrical connection and two hoses....

yeah i took that off and blew it out with an air compressor

·
Registered
820 Posts
Re: (vision40)

yeah i took that off and blew it out with an air compressor

We're trying to help, but it seems you're not listening. You also need to flush it out. Simply blowing air through it isn't going to do much.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Ovey1)

so run water through it? should i use a pressure washer or just a hose - oh.....nm carb cleaner......if only i could read - if i do that what should i do about the elec. connectors? do i need to cover them or not worry abou them

Modified by vision40 at 11:05 AM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
820 Posts
Re: (vision40)

so run water through it? should i use a pressure washer or just a hose - oh.....nm carb cleaner......if only i could read - if i do that what should i do about the elec. connectors? do i need to cover them or not worry abou themModified by vision40 at 10:50 AM 2-17-2004

If you get a little carb or throttle body cleaner on the connection (it's at the opposite end anyway) it wont hurt it but whatever you do DON'T use water. Just spray some cleaner in the end where the hose hooks up, put your thumb over it and shake it up for awhile. Do this until the cleaner isn't black anymore, let dry and try it. If you're still having problems check the other stuff mentioned. This also might help:
http://www.iders.com/alexweb/vwtuning3.html
When you've exhausted the resources given you and you still have problems, being descriptive as possible, hit us back up and someone will help.

Greg

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Ovey1)

thanks......well cant try to fix it for another week....just had to take my car into the body shop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts