VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 177 Posts
Discussion starter · #125 ·
Seems like boost is falling off in 5th gear at WOT, maybe a DV leaking or possibly a silicone hose collapsing.
Going throughout all the trouble shooting, hopefully its an easy fix.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #126 ·
Seems like boost is falling off in 5th gear at WOT, maybe a DV leaking or possibly a silicone hose collapsing.
Going throughout all the trouble shooting, hopefully its an easy fix.

It ended up being a boost leak at the turbo muffler delete
Also installed the 4" trackslag DP, left it dumped to the ground.
Still loosing a bit of boost up top, not sure if its a restriction or a leak just yet.

Some poor thought into the placement of that transition piece and the O2 location. Weeks are mediocre. How does it look inside? How much did you pay?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #129 ·
Still loosing a few psi up top, not sure whats going on, boost leak didn't show anything, and i couldn't imagine i would have a flow restriction at this point.
Hopefully i can hunt down the issue soon, and beat the current record on this turbo.

Still loosing a few psi up top, not sure whats going on, boost leak didn't show anything, and i couldn't imagine i would have a flow restriction at this point.
Hopefully i can hunt down the issue soon

How much boost are you running at redline? Are you sure you're just not at the choke point of the compressor map?

How much boost are you running at redline? Are you sure you're just not at the choke point of the compressor map?
Spiking 36psi, holding 34/33psi.
Not sure on why im not able to hold more boost at redline.

That is pretty much max on a XL at redline, you don't have a boost leak.

Discussion starter · #137 ·
Swapped out to a new DV spring today( a bit stiffer) and now it would appear im holding 36/37psi at redline.
Sent logs off, waiting to see how it looks, but i do believe that was my issue.
I'll see if i can't get some draggy runs tonight, and see if i can beat my personal best at 10.5

Swapped out to a new DV spring today( a bit stiffer) and now it would appear im holding 36/37psi at redline.
Sent logs off, waiting to see how it looks, but i do believe that was my issue.
I'll see if i can't get some draggy runs tonight, and see if i can beat my personal best at 10.5

Post the log...

Discussion starter · #139 ·
Seems to be holding a bit better now, this was at Full weight, stock 19's and tires.
Hopefully come Nov23, we will shed some weight and see if we can beat the EQT XL record officially.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.