VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically of the A/C hose route. Also, I have a ground wire coming from the harness on the driver's side that I'm pretty sure where it goes, but a picture of it would be really reassuring. TIA.
This countach spent about 2 years at a bodyshop prior to coming to us for a clutch job. I'm starting to think it "needed" bodywork, due to either a fire, accident, or water damage, since there's all sorts of issues - more than what could be considered normal with these.
I found burnt up connectors from electrical shorts, melted fuses from heat(not electrical - they weren't blown), and a jumper wire installed in the right side relay board - jumped to the wrong spot.
After I fixed all that, and it finally let the fuel pumps operate electrically, now after 2 years of the fuel accumulators not seeing any fuel or pressure, the rubber diaphragms inside them ruptured immediately, and started spitting fuel everywhere. Oh well, just another set of parts to order.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Re: If anyone has access to one, I'm working on an '86 countach, and ... ([email protected])

Wow, sounds like quite the project.
Try Al Burtoni's, they may be able to provide some assistance.
http://www.alburtoni.com/
Also, Bob Wallace used ot have a shop in the western US, if anyone has contact info for him, he would be of great assistance.
I'm certain there are others...
Good luck!

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: If anyone has access to one, I'm working on an '86 countach, and ... (Dave926)

Haha, no way this is mine dude!
I think someone either found it, or bought it for like $20k. It has what appears to be fire damage, a fresh $20k paint job, and now a healthy $20k shop bill, and still not running. Not worth it, IMO, but it'll be one tight countach when we're done.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: If anyone has access to one, I'm working on an '86 countach, and ... (Michael Blue)

No pics sorry. I've got some, but way too strapped for time to go through the process. This car's on the back burner until I get the Italian Embassie's Maserati Quattroporte figured out. It's got an electrical gremlin that I've been chasing for 4 days straight, with my boss helping(and that's a good thing!).

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
The Italian Embassy? Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
they come to you for work? how did you hook up that gig?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts