VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Re: If i could only go 180mph (hinshu)

had to watch it twice, one time to watch tach and speedo, one time for the road......gotta be good at multitasking to do that I guess....

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Re: If i could only go 180mph (Crazyquik)

What's the deal with them blasting past the trooper on the side of the road ? Or is this one of those cars the cops just let sit there to deter speeding.

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
Re: If i could only go 180mph (Neo)

I've heard tale that cops sometimes won't even bother to come after you at some speeds.....
I know one of the canyons around here, by law cops aren't allowed to pursue at highspeeds...but that's okay, they'll let ya speed all the way through it, till you come out at the other end, then nail the crap out of you....(but then again, I've seen like a cop up it maybe 3 times in the olast 3 years....in fact I went past one (going opposite direction) at 100mph and all he did was motion his hand to tell me to slow down....lol...man did my heart race on that one...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Re: If i could only go 180mph (Neo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Am I wrong or is it a Yamaha R1?
EDIT: No R1, just saw the gauges of an R1. Does anyone know what bike it is?

[Modified by Neo, 3:57 PM 12-3-2001][HR][/HR]​
judging by the "R" on the triple clamp, i'd say its a GSX-R of some sort...probably a 1000.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Re: If i could only go 180mph (roblu)

quote:[HR][/HR]180 km/h = 112 - 113 MPH.
A GSX-R1000 is more than capable of 170+ MPH....[HR][/HR]​
Plus, the picture above is showing 12k on the revcounter - no way is that gonna be 112mph!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Re: If i could only go 180mph (ilja)

This video is not in Canada. Note the speed warning sign for the exit ramp in the beginning of the video. I think it's MPH based on the lower speed portions of the video.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts