VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey if i was to go back to honda would you guys stop being my friends???
only reason i bring this up is that i want a car that will run 14's n/a, with no bottom end work done, no engine swap, and just bolt ons.. and i don't wanna' spend more than $3500 for a car.... and i know this could be done with honda... please no flames. its an honest question if you feel the need to flame something go turn the toster on and drop pices of paper in it.....

·
Banned
3,191 Posts
Re: if i went back to honda?? (Hyper4mance2k)

you wont get no help with those doors that's for sure
the only way i will talk to ya is if..
1. it's faster than my car..
or
2.it's a s2k in white or yellow.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Re: if i went back to honda?? (Halx)

If you really want to go to eddies tech day, keep the dub. Maybe if you'd put your doors on, the wind resistance reduction might help...........

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]i want a car that will run 14's n/a, with no bottom end work done, no engine swap, and just bolt ons.. and i don't wanna' spend more than $3500 for a car.... and i know this could be done with honda[HR][/HR]​
Are you serious? No way you are going to get a car like that for only $3500. Unless you have a serious hook up somewhere........Let's hear your list of planned mods to get you there.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: if i went back to honda?? (itr_hybrid)

found a 91 crx hf for $500 no rust perfictly straight alli gotta do is drop in a b16 with cams, exhaust, and intake and i'm rollin in low 14's.... i've got a friend that did this with a 91 si which is considerably lighter than the crx hf and he was running 14.3's all day.
also i've got another buddie with a 95 tegy LS with a k&n drilled out air box and P&P head all he does is unbolt his exhaust to run 15.2's all day...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]found a 91 crx hf for $500 no rust perfictly straight alli gotta do is drop in a b16 with cams, exhaust, and intake and i'm rollin in low 14's.... i've got a friend that did this with a 91 si which is considerably lighter than the crx hf and he was running 14.3's all day.
also i've got another buddie with a 95 tegy LS with a k&n drilled out air box and P&P head all he does is unbolt his exhaust to run 15.2's all day...[HR][/HR]​
That's not what you said you were looking for though. You said a car for $3500 with no motor swap. You just told me about a car with a motor swap and cams etc...... Plus depending on the cams you go with you might need valve springs, retainers, cam gears, re-tuned ecu to take advantage of the cams, fuel tuning, blah blah blah. Plus don't forget a good bunch of hours on the dyno to tune all of that.
I can answer a lot of questions from that realm actually. I just came from there. You'll need some suspension to go along with all of that. it never ends, trust me...............
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
James

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: if i went back to honda?? (Halx)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah really, there is already a N. American ITR guy who hangs around us, and he smells.
[HR][/HR]​
He smells? Well, maybe a little..(kidding!)
quote:[HR][/HR]hey if i was to go back to honda would you guys stop being my friends???[HR][/HR]​
I don't remember being your friend
quote:[HR][/HR]and he was running 14.3's all day...run 15.2's all day...[HR][/HR]​
If you think 14 and 15 sec 1/4s are fast, you've got another thing coming.
If you're willing to pay for a CRX with an engine swap, you might as well get a $1000 5.0 Mustang, $500 worth of NO2, a good pair of slicks, and you can run 12s or 13s all day.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: if i went back to honda?? (matt007)

i'm happy someone noticed the things i listed wern't the things i was talking about... but as i said before i like to push buttond and fu(k with peeps.. so i'll see you all late
Vdubs for life......
go ahead and lock or delete this Mr. moderator...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.