VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (DCS)

What? Minivans aren't exciting? I guess you haven't seen the video with the one that does the 13sec 1/4mi? hahahahha

[Modified by KonigGTI, 8:54 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,318 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (KonigGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]haven't you seen the video with the 13sec 1/4mi turbo minivan?[HR][/HR]​
Wasn't that a Chrysler?

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (KonigGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]haven't you seen the video with the 13sec 1/4mi turbo minivan?[HR][/HR]​
Wasn't that a Chrysler?

·
Banned
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (VWVancouver)

quote:[HR][/HR]haven't you seen the video with the 13sec 1/4mi turbo minivan?
Wasn't that a Chrysler?[HR][/HR]​
I don't know, but their new Caravan commercials are getting a bit more exciting.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (VWVancouver)

quote:[HR][/HR]haven't you seen the video with the 13sec 1/4mi turbo minivan?
Wasn't that a Chrysler?[HR][/HR]​
Whatever, it proves that minivans are true sport-oriented, performance vehicles and that americans do have a niche in the performance automobile world.haha

·
Registered
8,656 Posts

The real question is, why is the only car with the manual transmission they offer (since Firebird is gone) is a 4-banger Grand Am?

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (CanuckPal)

Right, forgot about the Sunfire. Vibe is not out yet, is it?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]...then why do they offer a minivan?
[HR][/HR]​
New minivans are going to be exciting. The Odessy is going to have 240 hp or so, Nissan is coming out with a minivan that has the same engine as the Z car.

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (CanuckPal)

heh heh, don't even let me get started on the "GTP"

obin

·
Banned
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (RJetta8V)

quote:[HR][/HR]New minivans are going to be exciting.[HR][/HR]​
no

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]New minivans are going to be exciting.
no
[HR][/HR]​
Bah, youre probably one of those people who would rather get an SUV because minivans aren't "macho".

·
Banned
12,115 Posts

I wish they would do a performance van. I think the minivan needs a serious attitude infusion.
STart with a SWB Caravan Sport. Metallic black. Spoiler and drivnig lights. Smoked tails with amber signals. Manual trans off the big 3.5L V6. Firmer and lower suspension. BIG rear sway bar. AWD from the longer vans. 17 in h wheels.
I would drive something like this sily.

·
Banned
7,292 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (mtrainVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]I wish they would do a performance van. I think the minivan needs a serious attitude infusion.[HR][/HR]​
If you enjoy driving, you'll love the dynamic new SEAT Alhambra. With low-slung styling and a powerful new 20 valve turbo engine, it's sports-car looks are as at home on the race track as they are in your driveway. And if you prefer, the new 115bhp TDi PD diesel engine delivers exceptional fuel economy, so you'll get longer stretches between pit stops to enjoy the dynamic driving experience.
With the choice of a 6spd manual or 5spd tiptronic automatic gearboxes, the new SEAT Alhambra feels like a sports car too. Rest assured though that style and performance do not compromise driver comfort and safety. You can carry a pit crew of seven in total comfort with more standard features than before.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: If Ponityak 'builds excitement'... (mtrainVR6)

Honda needs a performance version Odyssey.
Considered Odyssey already got a potent 3.5 V6 VTEC with 240hp "stock", how about giving in a real "Type-R" version that bumps up to somewhere around 300hp. With its sporty handling, this minivan will eat a lot of so-called sports cars.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts

On Friday June 2nd, 2000 I finally fulfilled a dream which began way back in 1991: I bought a turbo minivan to build into
a drag race sleeper. The vehicle in question is a 1989 Plymouth Voyager SE automatic. I'm happy because it is a
relatively lightweight example of the breed: 5-passenger model (only one bench seat), no power windows, no power
locks, no power mirrors, no roof rack... and no wood grain. Oh the fun we're going to have! (I soon came up with a
creative nickname for my new baby: Clifford.)
Am I mad? Maybe. But I had help: Gus Mahon obviously pioneered the concept with Mean Mini and, lately, Paul Smith
has influenced me as well. For guys like us, beating Camaros and Mustangs while piloting a four cylinder minivan is
one of the funniest things you could do. You should try it--it's hilarious.

THIS GUY IS SOOOO COOL IN MY BOOK

[Modified by jayseal22, 10:56 AM 11-27-2001]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts