VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like my rear lic. plate lights to come on. The don't. Is it because I cut the top wires that lead into the hatch near the hatch hinges? or is is beacuse the bulbs are shot? I would understand that one wouldn't work, but both?? please help. Thanks

·
Banned
8,654 Posts
Re: If the lic. plate mini lights aren't on, what do I check? (aestheticculture)

well this may not be your problem, but water condensed in my license plate lights and shorted them out. they are also all rusted now. i was forced to go to the stealership and buy new ones. $11 a piece

[Modified by VW TANK, 12:46 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: If the lic. plate mini lights aren't on, what do I check? (VW TANK)

You don't think is has anything to do with the wires on the top part of the hatch being cut? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re: If the lic. plate mini lights aren't on, what do I check? (aestheticculture)

It probably has everything to do with the wires being cut. I'd fix those before anything else and work from there.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
The cut wires also explains why your rear defroster doesn't work either.
In addition, your bulbs could indeed be burnt and the housings could be shot as pointed out above.

·
Registered
10,650 Posts
Re: If the lic. plate mini lights aren't on, what do I check? (kmead)

the liscense plate light is on a seperate circut and wire then the rear hatch wiring.... that is if you cut it in the back and not in the front of the car.
Check your ground connection. These get a lot of road grim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts