161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
YOLO

·
Registered
153 Posts
lol this thread makes me laugh. Obviously there are things you can do to increase horsepower... but why bother. the fuel tank would last only a few minutes.. the tires would burst and they are michelin PAX tires that are 14.5 inches wide and requires you to ship the vehicle to france to replace. You have to realize VW made the car 1001hp because any more would be dangerous and stupid...

Things holding the veyron back....
1. Exhaust.. The vehicle is a street vehicle that requires certain noise levels to be legal AKA Restrictions...
2. The turbos are actually quite small. Upgrading these would surely give you more power... But good luck fueling the engine.... the pumps on the veyron already pump more then 5 times the fuel of a standard fuel pump...
3.The tune on the veyron is designed to be safe enough for anyone to drive... A re map would be crazyyy. But would yield power gains... (good luck ruining the transmission..)

Only reasons VW didn't do these things stock...

1.The transmission already has problems dealing with 1001hp.
2.It has to be street legal.
3.People would die.
4.Turbo Lag
5.WARRANTY

Use your heads... Oh and to the person that said only special mechanics have the ability to work on the engine.. Funny, I thought almost every VW dealer had a tech able to work on the W8... W8x2+4 Turbos = Veyron (veyron has a more complicated cooling system, not really though)

w16 mods completely plausible... but if someone spends that much on a Veyron why would they mess with it? Its awesome out of the box.. I would never mod one

·
Registered
44 Posts
Technically it already has a VR in it :p A W engine is essentially the same thing. I6 is to V12 as VR6 is to W12, except with 16 cylinders haha.

If I had one, which meant i had all the money in the world, I'd put 2 giant GTX Turbos in it, and a fully built transmission/drivetrain to cope and make a 2000awhp monster that no street car could ever touch, in acceleration, aerodynamics, top speed, anything; and end all of these Modded GTR vs Stock Veyron arguments once and for all, by leveling the playing field with a modded Veyron :laugh:

In theory... hahaha
your problem being...you didn't buy enought gtx turbos

·
Registered
235 Posts
Quote, originally posted by bigandyvw »
there is no such thing as perfection truth is there will always be some thing better that you could do

I doubt anyone has the ability to improve the performance of the car. Look at how much money was throw at it in R+D. Impossible. The whole car is built to function around one another. You can't bolt on some oem stuff from a shelf onto a completely carbon fiber chassis and be like "yeah, I just made that da' bomb!"
I guess you can paint it. Maybe a vtec sticker would yeild another 85hp at the wheels.
Excerpt from above: You can't bolt on some oem stuff from a shelf onto a completely carbon fiber chassis and be like "yeah, I just made that da' bomb!"

You may want to look into how many parts actually came from the VW/Audi/Porsche parts bin. I guarantee you that there's power left to be unleashed. What we need is one rich guy with enough imagination and interest, to buy one in the name of the aftermarket, and let the top shops in the country play ball.

Obvious Performance Enhancements:
Thicker Top-Flow IC's
Straight-Through Exhausts
Increased Boost psi (this is all VW/Bugatti plays with to go from 16.4 to SuperSport)
'Constant Maximum Speed Setting' for suspension and transmission
Race prepped interior
Race Fuel and Tune
Lighter Wheels

Even though the Veyron was released with 1000+hp and the SS at 1,200hp, they are by no means 'at the limit' of what they're actually capable of.

Remember, that with enough money, knowledge, interest, and patience, anything is possible. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
1000 horsepower at 4000 pounds, if you really think that a bugatti veyron doesn't have the best performance parts (including exhaust) known to man you are sadly mistaken, and on the topic of weight reduction, there is a reason this car with more horsepower than a small airplane weighs more than small airplane, it would sruggle to stay on the ground as it is, and last but not least if you plan on lowering the veyron why don't you look up the ride height in its performance mode (after it lowers itself) if you get any lower your going to be sweeping the dust off the streets

So if you think you can find a sensor, timer, or higher performance part for a veyron, think again, the reason it doesn't have that option is that you can't handle that option
I'm not going to take this post apart, but I'm afraid you're mistaken, sir.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Use your heads... Oh and to the person that said only special mechanics have the ability to work on the engine.. Funny, I thought almost every VW dealer had a tech able to work on the W8... W8x2+4 Turbos = Veyron (veyron has a more complicated cooling system, not really though)
Every part of this statement is rediculous...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
All I can think of when I see all this comments is that many people get their hands full when driving a 300+hp car and yet it takes a while to master it and actually use all the power that the car has to offer

Now with a car pushing 1000hp and meant to be driven on the street, when and where would you be able to really push it up there and actually master those thousand horses ;)

Even at the track, for how long would you be able to stay on the throttle that would require more power than it comes stock with? I think this are some of the reasons that we don't see modified veyrons as much as we would like but its understandable :cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Quote, originally posted by Karnuts »
I stopped in to the my local Bugatti dealer the other day and drooled on the floor model they have.
The dealer came out and BS'd with me for a few. The maintenance on these bad boys is out of freaking control.
Oil Change: $12,000
First Scheduled Maintenance: $75,000 ($60,000 of which is for the TIRES)
And they have a monitoring system that knows if you turn that second key. They will know, they will call you to let you know that they know, and then they will immediately VOID your warranty.
That system also tracks each and every car. They know where you are and how fast you are going at all times.

WTF?^^

I'd just rip the driveline out of the car and swap it into my bug.
lol that motor is like the size of the entire cabin of a bug lol

161 - 173 of 173 Posts