VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read alot of "complaints" about the stock U.S. Eagle F1 Goodyears. Personally, I really love the tread pattern and grip. The sidewall is small but it's the price you pay with an 18" rim on a Golf platform.
When it comes to try another tyre, I'd probably go Pirelli just because...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: If you could put any tyre on the R32, what would it be? (BlackMagicR32)

bridgestone potenza S-03PP

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BlackMagicR32 »
P Zero Nero without a doubt.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I've had good luck in the past with Dunlop SP9000 tires. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,019 Posts

I have used Dunlop tires on all my previous sportscars and I think they are some of the best tires around. They are more expensive than most Z-rated tires, but if money is no object, I would go for the Dunlop SP-Sport9000. They cost about $160-175/tire+mounting and balance, but they grip like hell.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Re: If you could put any tyre on the R32, what would it be? (ashumo)

Quote, originally posted by ashumo »
bridgestone potenza S-03PP

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: If you could put any tyre on the R32, what would it be? (vwaudienthusiast)

At work I deal with alot of sport tires. To rate a tire, climate plays a large part in how a tire hold up. I base my tire ranks on customer complaints. The more complaints the lower on the scale.
1.Mich PSII
2. Bstone S-03
3. Mich Pilot Sport
4 Bstone RE 750
5 Dunlop Sp 9000
6 kumho MX
7 Conti sport
8 Falken Azenis Sport
9 conti sport II
10 Goodyear(all of them)
This is why I put Mich PS II's on the day I took delivery!

·
Registered
85 Posts

Like all questions, it depends ... track? street? track and street? all year or summer only? If I had to run one tire all year in Colorado, I would run Falken Ziex 512s, they garnered #1 in a Consumer Reports comparison for all season performance and the price is right.

·
Registered
813 Posts

Don't know which exact tire, but for brand I would choose Michelin or Pirelli.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BlackMagicR32 »
P Zero Nero without a doubt.

I second that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had S03s but went to Michelin PS2 on my S4 and will definitely be putting PS2s on this car. They grip better and have a better all aroung feel than the S03s, plus the quietness factor is nice

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Re: If you could put any tyre on the R32, what would it be? (sdpauly)

Quote, originally posted by sdpauly »
I have used Dunlop tires on all my previous sportscars and I think they are some of the best tires around. They are more expensive than most Z-rated tires, but if money is no object, I would go for the Dunlop SP-Sport9000. They cost about $160-175/tire+mounting and balance, but they grip like hell.

I read somewhere -- maybe EC mag -- that a Porsche 911 (GT3, I think) broke some track record using Dunlop SP9000 tires. That was shortly after they were introduced, probably 4-5 years ago.
But... that was also way before the time of the S-03, PS 2, and P-Zero Nero. I wonder how they'd do with the same car.

Modified by Max Rebo at 10:46 AM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: If you could put any tyre on the R32, what would it be? (sdpauly)

Quote, originally posted by sdpauly »

Funny thing is that the Goodyears on the R32 were designed by Dunlop and would be labeled as Dunlop had Goodyear not bought Dunlop...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Re: If you could put any tyre on the R32, what would it be? (briang)

Quote, originally posted by briang »

Funny thing is that the Goodyears on the R32 were designed by Dunlop and would be labeled as Dunlop had Goodyear not bought Dunlop...

Interesting... I did not know that Goodyear bought Dunlop.
Do you suppose they have messed around with the quality or manufacturing of the Dunlops? Or did they leave them alone?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts