VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
*sigh* -- 2 years i've been in this hobby, and I _still_ find the GTI an ugly car.
Trust me, I've tried to love it, and it's certainly grown on me (I can now spot a modded GTI from a mile away and the "oh! another dubber" instinct kicks in real well) but dammit, I'd still never own one.
nlh

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: if you had the chance to trade a jetta for a GTI, would you (noahlh)

quote:[HR][/HR]*sigh* -- 2 years i've been in this hobby, and I _still_ find the GTI an ugly car.
Trust me, I've tried to love it, and it's certainly grown on me (I can now spot a modded GTI from a mile away and the "oh! another dubber" instinct kicks in real well) but dammit, I'd still never own one.
nlh[HR][/HR]​
Well that's good for me! I'll have more choice when I choose my next GTI

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Re: if you had the chance to trade a jetta for a GTI, would you (ericjimenez)

uh... this post isn't gonna be very accurate as you should have posted:
Yes - current owner of GTi
No - current owner of GTi
Yes - current owner of Jetta
No - current owner of Jetta
Of course most people with GTi's are gonna say "yes"! Likewise, most owners of Jettas would probably say "No". I say "who gives a rats ass?"

[Modified by sonicGLI, 11:19 PM 10-1-2002]

·
Registered
783 Posts

For me it would depend on how modded the jetta is. Do you have a sunglass holder or a stage 4 or somewhere in between? Also depends on hw both cars are equiped and if you plan on modding the GTI.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

I didn't vote...this is personal and only you can decide. I would have bought a GTI if I wanted one in the first place. If I were you I would ride out your car a little more before spending money on a new car. The market is rough right now...I am trying to spend my money a little more wisely...I am trying to save as much as possible.
It's totally your call man.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Re: if you had the chance to trade a jetta for a GTI, would you (DGMVW)

NO Fing WAY
i love my jetta
although i do have to admit that a JTI looks really good
its the prettiest mutant ever...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

Absolutely no trade....I originally wanted a GTI but saw the black Jet in a showroom and already knew exactly what I'd do with it. The conservatively exterior-modded Jet is a far more beautiful car, and has superior aerodynamics. I understand the attraction of the GTI but I'd do same again...of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts

Nope, i had two golfs and I would not go back...dont get me wrong...the golf is great but i like my jetta better...
Actually i still own my mk3 golf...But i really wanted the Jetta, thats what i drive daily now...
I wouldnt go back...

·
Registered
23,994 Posts
Re: if you had the chance to trade a jetta for a GTI, would you (Kei78)

I bounce back and forth....like them both...have owned them both...no preference of one over the other...basically, the same car....one has this...one has that...but all in all....they both have about the same to offer in the big scheme of things....if it's a good deal do it....if your losing $$$...is it really worth it...???

·
Registered
3,763 Posts

I thought about doing this as well, but I would not. I need 4 doors actually, that's the only reason. Also, I rode in a friend's VR6 GTI, and found the seats (the sport ones with the side bolsters) pretty confining for my tastes.

·
Registered
890 Posts

nah... i bought a Jetta because i wanted the Jetta, could have gotten a GTI, but picked the Jetta. If the Jetta is what i picked, and not the GTI, that means i pick the Jetta over the GTI and chances are i will not want to trade my Jetta for a GTI when asked if i would pick a GTI over the Jetta given the fact that i already own a Jetta whch i purchased solely on the decision made with complete freedom to pick either of the above mentioned cars which happen to be the Jetta and the GTI.

j/k

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.