VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
In all seriousness it’s good to hear they finally seem to have a fix. And a recall sounds appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Awesome. Theres nothing posted on the Transport Canada recall DB yet but if the NTHSA has one they will too.

'19 GTI Autobahn 6MT - Dark Iron Blue
Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
2 people confirmed US dealers are showing recall notice. Might take government systems longer to update recalls?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 S60 T8R
3,189 Posts
Wish this recall came out before they bought back my Rabbit....:banghead:

Oh, and as mentioned, its "Service action 24FD/ECM software".

·
Registered
494 Posts
First impressions of the tune. No stalls, but I haven't had any for last 6000 miles. Car no longer drives like a 15 year old WRX on stock tune. I'll keep you all updated as to how it drives after some learning, but this is the smoothest it's driven since I've owned it and feels like my sons 2018 now. Huge difference.

I've seen a couple of cars still stall after flash. I'm wondering if flash wipes all learned adaptions or not? Also, that crappy delivery tune destroyed my O2 sensor. So I'm wondering if cars that stall after reflash might need O2 sensor replaced too. Seems worth a shot to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is Service Action 24FD according to my local VW dealer.
Thanks. Checked with the dealer today. They are aware of the US Service action and are waiting for regulatory review here in Canada before it is released. They expect it "very soon"!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Second impression. After a few hours of driving, the poor driveability is the same.

I've never driven anything but the 2019. Even though I have the stall on anything less that 93 octane its still the best driving car I've owned. My old Hyundai VT was also a spirited drive but pales to the GTI. Even in the snow on winter tires this thing is a beast. What kind of drivability issues are you noticing between the '18 and '19?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've never driven anything but the 2019. Even though I have the stall on anything less that 93 octane its still the best driving car I've owned. My old Hyundai VT was also a spirited drive but pales to the GTI. Even in the snow on winter tires this thing is a beast. What kind of drivability issues are you noticing between the '18 and '19?

Bellow 3500 rpm it surges and feels strained. Above 4000 rpm it drives normally compared to the 2018.

You should try swapping to 5w-40. It's much better since I did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bellow 3500 rpm it surges and feels strained. Above 4000 rpm it drives normally compared to the 2018.

You should try swapping to 5w-40. It's much better since I did.

Still waiting for the Canadian release of the service action. Will let you know once its installed if I notice a big difference. They are hoping early in the new year they are certified to release it.

181 - 200 of 235 Posts