VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what me and my buddy have been doing to his 85 Volvo for the past two days. You are a true bad ass when u pull the whole wiring harness from the engine and replace it with a new one and also put about 15 other parts in too. This box show the other stuff to go in.

This pic is with him and the old harness competely out.

the money shot

Oh yes and not to forget the mk3 content.....my car and his Jolf

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Modified by 98ginsteryellowGTI at 12:54 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: IF you think for one second you are a true DIY, look at this (ToqureinTuner)

not on this volvo put we are going to do a Boss 302 into another volvo....everything bolts right up

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Re: IF you think for one second you are a true DIY, look at this (98ginsteryellowGTI)

Seen the volvo with a 13b runnin 10s at the track doing wheelies so that isnt to hard

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: IF you think for one second you are a true DIY, look at this (98ginsteryellowGTI)

<--- not a fan of tooting your own horn http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: IF you think for one second you are a true DIY, look at this (ThisAin'tNoCivic)

ok befre i start getting flamed for this post im going to say a formal screw you to anyone who thinks this is SOOOOO easy...i would def like to see you try it, but here is another pic of the volvo

·
Registered
20,009 Posts

Quote, originally posted by lukedwag »
meh not impressed

exactly what I was going to say. LOL!
Quote, originally posted by 98ginsteryellowGTI »
like to see u do it ******

you really have no idea, do you?
EDIT: I see you're new here, so I'll explain: Last year, Luke tore apart his widebody Jetta and replaced the motor, dash and wiring with a 1.8T, mk4 dash, and mk3/mk4 hybrid wiring harness. The harness your buddy is holding in his hand is roughly, I'd say, two hours of work out of the 6 months Luke's project took. The fact that he's not impressed is pretty funny...but I guess you had to be there to get the joke.

Modified by punkassjim at 1:16 PM 5-20-2004

·
25,143 Posts
Re: IF you think for one second you are a true DIY, look at this (punkassjim)

AS the owner of an 87 and an 85 I would say that the wiring harness that you pulled looks 10 times better than either of the ones that I have in running cars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

oh thats right the god of all DIY is here ladies and gentlemen, lets give a big round of applause to punkassjim. Granted punkassjim has had the 1.8T swap i think i have even seen but come on, for peole like me and my buddy who a) are still in school, b) dont have a degree in mechanics or any other special degree that has to do with mechanics, c) didnt even use a bently, and d) def. dont have the kind of money to waste on a 1.8T swap until we get real jobs, i think we did alright, and whether or not you think the same thing, well then thats just your judgement

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: IF you think for one second you are a true DIY, look at this (rs4-380)

Quote, originally posted by rs4-380 »
AS the owner of an 87 and an 85 I would say that the wiring harness that you pulled looks 10 times better than either of the ones that I have in running cars.

yeah that was a new harness from a newer volvo...i think the whole harness with the computer, MAF, hoses and all the other stuff he got was a good total of around 500 bones

·
Banned
123 Posts

Quote, originally posted by punkassjim »

exactly what I was going to say. LOL!
you really have no idea, do you?
EDIT: I see you're new here, so I'll explain: Last year, Luke tore apart his widebody Jetta and replaced the motor, dash and wiring with a 1.8T, mk4 dash, and mk3/mk4 hybrid wiring harness. The harness your buddy is holding in his hand is roughly, I'd say, two hours of work out of the 6 months Luke's project took. The fact that he's not impressed is pretty funny...but I guess you had to be there to get the joke.

Modified by punkassjim at 1:16 PM 5-20-2004

OWNED

·
Registered
20,009 Posts

dude, chill, I wasn't tooting my own horn, I was tooting Luke's. Wait, that sounds gross...uh...yeah.
And btw, I have a degree in graphic design. I've never been a mechanic, nor have I ever had any training to be a mechanic. I think the same is true for Luke.

Modified by punkassjim at 1:21 PM 5-20-2004

·
Banned
876 Posts

i'm with you jim. my freind has had a couple of those old volvos, tried to say how there solid and run for ever( course he would'nt tell you how many times a week he'd have to go to the junk yard to keep the pile of dung on the road). i especialy loved when he'd say it was a 2.3 turbo and ran really good on the highway. he kept on teeling everybody that till i took him out with my 2.slow auto jetta. swed car are garbage, and if you come down here to the soflo i can show you a hundred examples.

·
Registered
20,009 Posts

and just to make myself feel better, I think a conceited comment like this:
IF you think for one second you are a true DIY, look at this

absolutely deserves a smackdown comment like this:
Quote, originally posted by lukedwag »
meh not impressed

sorry to have deflated your ego with my little explanation of Luke's credentials, I just figure there are more than a few people who were put off by the tone of your thread title.

·
Banned
773 Posts

You are a true bad ass when u pull the whole wiring harness from the engine and replace it with a new one and also put about 15 other parts in too.

You've obviously never done any sort of swap beofre.. that's not being a bad ass.. that's just part of the deal.. and I do it almost everyday

·
Banned
773 Posts

yeah that was a new harness from a newer volvo...i think the whole harness with the computer, MAF, hoses and all the other stuff he got was a good total of around 500 bones

OH COME ON!!! you updated fueling... whoopity fricken do.. that's plug and play stuff.. like lego's .. especially on a volvo

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

ok befre i start getting flamed for this post im going to say a formal screw you to anyone who thinks this is SOOOOO easy...i would def like to see you try it, but here is another pic of the volvo

simma down nah....your title just brings high hopes and then you see a volvo and a wiring harness...weak suace.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.