VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Re: If you were a VW marketing director.... (VR6OOM)

I would have it written in my contract that there would have to be enough inventory to deliver the damn cars before I took the job. Then I'd take a hand full of GTI's and some friends on a road trip.
Like he said, "Drivers Wanted".

· Registered
302 Posts
Not sure of the wording, but I would angle the GTI as an adult's practical sports car. The ads I see for the GTI seem to be targeting 23-28 year old guys roughly, judging by the age of the actors.
I think a prime audience is guys in their 30s like me who want a low-key, high performance, affordable car with elegance, style and class. That is what has put me into the VW crowd.....I could afford a BMW but I'm not into spending more on cars than necessary. VW gives a lot of bang for the buck...

· Registered
1,256 Posts
Re: If you were a VW marketing director.... (TheGermanExperience)

Their safe happens run was good, the Fast commercials were dumb IMO. Their current ones about the false holiday are more annoying than anything.
Drivers Wanted is cool, but they need to show the car's in motion so people might want to go drive one IMO.

· Registered
105 Posts
Re: (jpick2)

Quote, originally posted by jpick2 »
Not sure of the wording, but I would angle the GTI as an adult's practical sports car. The ads I see for the GTI seem to be targeting 23-28 year old guys roughly, judging by the age of the actors.
I think a prime audience is guys in their 30s like me who want a low-key, high performance, affordable car with elegance, style and class. That is what has put me into the VW crowd.....I could afford a BMW but I'm not into spending more on cars than necessary. VW gives a lot of bang for the buck...

X2 - and not just because that describes me, too. In Europe (where I'm from), the GTI is seen as the only hot hatch that isn't boy racer-ish and hence uncool to the general public, and anyone over 30. You can take it anywhere and it's seen as understated and classy.
Oh, and I'd make sure the website is up to date - people are driving around in 4-dr GTIs, but as far as the site is concerned, they don't exist .

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Re: If you were a VW marketing director.... (VR6OOM)

Quote, originally posted by VR6OOM »
How would you market the new GTi, GLi, or RabbiT?

GTI-"Not for average joe"
GLI-"Your dreaming sport sedan"
Rabbit-"German engineering at ur doorstep."

· Registered
302 Posts
Re: If you were a VW marketing director.... (beanie338)

I would start by treating the GLI the same as the GTI in the sense that it is unique.... Buyers would feel better about the money they are about to spend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.