VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my eurolights fron Niko and my harness from Kris, but have no friggin idea how to wire these things up properly and effectively, since it doesn't seem to just be just "plug and play".
I read the post on the CCA, but am soooooooooo unelectrically uninclined, it's like reading Swahili. Anyone from the NY/CT area feel like helping out a fellow C owner and helping me hook these suckers up? I'll buy the beer...

Thanks for any help guys!
- Jack

[Modified by NeedSLCBad, 9:40 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (NeedSLCBad)

Jack,I wanted you to email me when you recieve my harness,because I email you instructions on how to install,So check your email!
If you cannot follow them and install it,Just come down saturday after 5 and I will gladly install for you.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (KinetikSLC)

Kris - I dropped you an email like 15 minutes ago... it was a long night at the office and I just got home...

I'll be in touch if I can't overcome my stupidity, thanks man!
- Jack

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (ToddOne)

dam my dads a electrician and I still dont pay attention to half the crap he knows so you not alone buddy

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (ToddOne)

Jack: Dad... wanna help me install my euro lights?
Dad: WTF is a damn euro light?
Jack: They're higher output headlights so I can see at night...
Dad: Wait, so you spent more money on your car? Do it yourself, I'm an electrician, not a damn hot rod tuner!
That's the reaction I get everytime I ask him for help, he hates me and my damn cars...

- Jack

[Modified by NeedSLCBad, 10:59 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (NeedSLCBad)

just remembered mpasters chicken scratch from his website:

don't worry, its all greek to me too.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (kkozma)

NOW I sgould be able to get these suckers in!
Thanks guys - Jack

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (bluloo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey ToddOne,
Do you have a cousin named Scott in NJ?[HR][/HR]​

ummm, none that i'm aware of!

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (bluloo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey ToddOne,
Do you have a cousin named Scott in NJ?[HR][/HR]​
Yeah, they do mornings on z100!!

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (vdubjb)

sorry guys, i'm gonna have to call BS on this one. this guy claims to buy something from niko and actually get his stuff? yeah i wasn't born yesterday

ps: mike's diagram is fairly simple. is that all there is to it? its just about as simple as it? so just pick up some relays, some wiring, and be done with it? that's alot easier than i had thought
what gauge wiring anyhow?
kris, what is involved in your harness? like, do you have a pic or a diagram or something?
and jack, dont' worry. i had to wire up a push starter with a relay and low amperage switch, without a diagram or a clue mind you. it was all guesswork and 2 days later it finally worked
it was kinda fun, and i later found out that all relays are similar, when i read a wiring diagram for my alarm, that coincidently had the exact diagram i needed... right after i had just finished rigging up the push starter. boy did i feel dumb

-danny

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (CageyBee)

Danny Boy,Search my posts and find my Eurolight modifications post.This post will give you more than enough pics and such.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (KinetikSLC)

Move to the Bronx..we work/install day or night , we dont give a f#@K. Right Kris..

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Re: I'm ashamed to be the son of an electrician... (Ricky)

Rick,If they don't know,they better ask somebody! Fool.We work all day,all night,NYC we don't sleep.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts