VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as many of you may or may not know, the recent demise of my daily had left me car less.
Well....here's the replacement! Makes many of my parts useless, but this is going to be a good time!
Through some absolutely incredible chance luck and a very good friend this fell into my lap for a silly amount of money(think very very little). enough enough on wiht the goods!
Car is COMPLETELY (other than what I've done so far) STOCK and unmolested! Original radio! Spare! Incredible riding stock perfect suspension!
As far as i can tell, I am the third owner, and the millage is original. And from the looks of things it was maintained very very well. Not a single dent on the car!
Because of the car's incredible original condition, I plan on leaving it almost completely alone, aside from a very few things that can easily be replaced back to stock. It is very tempting to go nuts with this car, as a few good friends are diesel freaks, but i just don't think i can bring myself to do it.

Thank you thank you thank you nick and mike for making this possible!

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
Re: I'm back, with smokable vengeance! (Mk2 SAiNT)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,929 Posts
Re: I'm back, with smokable vengeance! (secondgen)

Nice car, i thought ecos had tachs?

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Re: (lilDevil)

Is it a 91 or 92? The hubcaps suggest 92. Someone was keeping track of the ECOdiesel VIN numbers for a while....remember sending him one a couple years back.
Definitely got yourself a nice car! Good job http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
814 Posts
Re: (QuantumSyncro)

Wow what an amazing looking car, where would you find such a gem like that? Seems a quick boost gauge install and new steering wheel suggests the start to a fun little car
and trust me you won't be able to just keep it stock, unless of course you decide to keep that silly N/A pump...

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Build date is 06/91 but the title says it's a '92....soo...

It's a great little car. Pump leak will get fixed as soon as i get back from my vacation in Washington/B.C.

Thanks again Nick. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Re: I'm back, with smokable vengeance! (s-rocc)

Quote, originally posted by s-rocc »
Nice car, i thought ecos had tachs?

Actually they didn't, which seems stupid, but I guess that's how VW wanted to sell them. I don't know what options were available, a tach may have been available but every one I've seen didn't have one.
I have an ECOd cluster somewhere...but without a tach.
Now you know why CE2 diesel clusters with tachs are rare in the US, because the ECOd didn't come with one.

·
Registered
17,893 Posts
Re: I'm back, with smokable vengeance! (QuantumSyncro)

Can you give us an exact number on what you paid. Please? Now I'm curious.
Either way, nice buy.

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: I'm back, with smokable vengeance! (VDUBber91)

$800 and laughing all the way to the bank and pumps!

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Quote, originally posted by QuantumSyncro »
Someone was keeping track of the ECOdiesel VIN numbers for a while....remember sending him one a couple years back.

Find the link, or an email address and I'd gladly add mine to the list!

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Re: I'm back, with smokable vengeance! (secondgen)

Quote, originally posted by secondgen »
$800 and laughing all the way to the bank and pumps!

OMG, you stole it!
I'll try to find the link information for the person keeping the VIN # for ECOdiesel cars.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Re: (Rev Jerry)

Do not know if car fax is actually that accurate but I had run a car fax on the vehicle after I had seen it. Does say it's definitely 1992. Mine is a 1991, does not have the cruise control like yours. I still have access to it Jeremy, if you want a copy of it of course. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 41 Posts