VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87,854 Posts
Re: I'm bored...here's a crash video! (fairtrade)

Shoshytznaht! I was expecting to see the vid for that pic you have in the OP. False advertising.
Anyways- if you are really bored- then even this will be good fun for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyE2ivY_EOI

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Re: I'm bored...here's a crash video! (BRealistic)

Quote, originally posted by BRealistic »
Shoshytznaht! I was expecting to see the vid for that pic you have in the OP. False advertising.
Anyways- if you are really bored- then even this will be good fun for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyE2ivY_EOI

That video has some intense crashes. Some of those moto guys going down (and by some I mean almost all of them) make me cringe. That's some Evel Kinevel rag doll s***.

·
Registered
17,339 Posts
The second water motorcycle crash, though... that almost looked smooth.
After all, the guy hydroplaned down the track as soon as he went down (no flipping, and a relatively smooth slide, combined with the safety gear), and you could see that he threw himself well clear of his bike.
Anyway, the ending was funny as hell.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
On a related note, yesterday (hey it's early morning now) I was leaving a walgreens and hear this HOOOOONKKK! and a thud - I thought the honk was someone mad at someone and the thud was a sewage drain I ran over.
Nope. The thud was when this SUV entered the left turn lane, and rammed the back of a truck that was leaving the left turn lane.
Or so it seemed. That doesn't make any sense. Who honked? Nah. I think it might have been that the truck clipped in front of the SUV or something or another.
Looked like someone needed a new tail light and someone else needed a new bumper :\

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Re: I'm bored...here's a crash video! (fairtrade)

I noticed on the NASCAR racers, flaps on the roof would be blown up when the cars were going backwards. Is this some kind of airbrake safety system?

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: I'm bored...here's a crash video! (AuForm)

Quote, originally posted by AuForm »
I noticed on the NASCAR racers, flaps on the roof would be blown up when the cars were going backwards. Is this some kind of airbrake safety system?

yeha, its supposed to help slow them down then they turn around at a million miles an hour

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Re: (JazzBlue18T)

I should upload "Crashin" parts 1 through 4 to a bittorent site and post the link here. It's bassicly 3 hours of the most important motorsports accidents inbetween 2000 and 1980. And it has good music too.
Quote, originally posted by JazzBlue18T »
Some of those bikes show the amazing resilience of the human body.

It's not so much the human body as it is the stuff there wearing. If they were riding around wearing street cloths there would be many more broken bones and blood all over the place. Granted, the human body is pretty tough but without the full leathers and teflon coated carbon fiber pads a lot of those guys would be toast.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (sausagemit)

Quote, originally posted by sausagemit »
I should upload "Crashin" parts 1 through 4 to a bittorent site and post the link here. It's bassicly 3 hours of the most important motorsports accidents inbetween 2000 and 1980. And it has good music too

omg - please?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.