VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I am getting bored with my car (04 V6 Sedan). I need some things to do with it :laugh:

I want to change up the front end. With either some type of lip or diffusor or splitter. Something different...

I want to get a set of wheels... But these will have to wait till I save up enough.

I want to do some interior stuff. Maybe plaid headliner, different door cards, new trim (wood is starting to crack and look rough)

Maybe go on a diet, try to shed some weight, make the car lighter.

Any more cheap but clean and nice ideas?!?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the Eibach lowering springs. My struts need replacing soon, I might be looking for coilovers or a static setup of lowering struts/shocks and lowering springs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
New Headlights

Paint your wheels... Any color, cheap and easy

New grill

New intake

Chip

New stearing wheel

Engine looks a lot better with the cover.

I wouldn't worry about reducing weight. Passats are heavy, they aren't sports cars.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New Headlights

Paint your wheels... Any color, cheap and easy

New grill

New intake

Chip

New stearing wheel

Engine looks a lot better with the cover.

I wouldn't worry about reducing weight. Passats are heavy, they aren't sports cars.
Headlights will be done next year

I want to get good wheels before I paint any

Already changing up the stock grill

Intake is better than cold air or short ram air

Chip doesnt do anything

Already have the steering wheel swap

Might try painting engine covers silver...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Get a flash to quicken the drive-by-wire delay, much snappier and responsive throttle. RS4 mounts and an APR snub mount to put more power to the ground and reduce driveline shock. The brushed metal interior bits look nice. Anything from the Passat Komfort line is cool and something not many people have. Save up for a killer set of wheels for the upcoming season next year.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never even heard of the passat komfert line? Got more info?

Yea I am saving up for some nice bbs lm reps.

I might be looking to get a GIAC tune for it.

What does changing the motor mounts do? That sounds like a load of work...

I am looking into a local votex roof rack:thumbup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
The mounts are not as soft as stock mounts creating less engine movement. The Komfort stuff is just small things to make driving a little more simple for some people

·
Registered
462 Posts
you can paint your engine covers. that what i did when i was bored.

i know its not a v6 but here is an idea for you

Do you have a thread on this? it looks like you cut around the VW logo, looks cool.

do you have any pics of your car now? A lot of people don't have window tint, IMO it's a definite upgrade.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Clean up the engine bay / Change out that blue coolant cap for a black one -

Badgeless Grille -

Volkswagen Passat B5 FWD V6 30v

I actually received an order from you guys on monday! some yellow laminx for my fogs a sticker and a trunk lid lip, I cant wait to get home from the beach to put it all on!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.