VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes you have to do it in person. Internet and phone saying no is easy. When your in person its totally different. I think Face to Face is the only way to push something.
Now, Since im heading down there. Get your questions ready and i'll ask them. Now besides my 2 i have written down so far. Lets get a list of the interested. It'll be my mission to get the Aftermarket Auto Trans ball rolling. Anyone wants to help do it !!!
1) Does the PTS Shiftronic work on the 01M, also does it work on the 09A since you might have some buyers coming up. Also we can get a group buy on it if we get 10 ppl ?
Info on the shiftronic
http://www.levelten.com/store/...c.htm
2) I'm going to be pushing 300+ bhp is there anyway to get a custom torque converter made to handle the power ?
Line up those questions lined up. Stick boys been having too much fun, time to ruin the party

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (SleepyTT)

nothing that you didnt cover.
only thing id suggest to make them aware there is a BIG demand for thier services http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (gti415)

Don't leave until they agree to make parts for us!

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (SleepyTT)

/Chuckle
Do I have questions

Related to yours...
*If they built a TC that handled more power would they consider that the only weak point? (looking for their opinion on what else might be a potential weakspot)
*I think we should prob be more specific about Torque capability
*Can they offer different stall speeds for this built TC (and can they assist with determining a recommended rpm based on dyno torque curve) My guess is only slightly higher would be good.
*Heavy Duty Clutch Packs and associated hardware
*Would any parts from them ever require or be assisted by any different software (as in would we only use our stock ecu/tcu) I doubt it but it's a good question. Would they be willing to work with someone writing TCU software?
*Would/Could they recommend a way to have a cooler (I've heard our systems are tough to add one that works)
*Of course Pricing estimates and ask how they handle it. (like do we ship them a stock TC and they do the work and ship it back or do they provide a whole new TC of their own?)
Last resort question only to be asked if they start to say NO to the whole idea:
Ask if we funded some research for a test project would they be more willing. (I have some ideas that could make this happen)

Modified by Jetta_1.8Tip at 8:19 PM 5-18-2004

Modified by Jetta_1.8Tip at 8:39 PM 6-7-2004

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (Jetta_1.8Tip)

no clue. Only thing i know is im going tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Try not to leave without some solid answers. If they say no, be sure to ask specifically why. I would think that a goal of 300WHP/TQ is what we'd like to shoot for as far as reliable capability goes (with a little extra safety buffer as well). The stock unit is rated at 258lb/ft of sustained torque.
Perhaps you could also convince one of them to sign up here and do some Q&A with us.
Let them know that 120 people voted on the Vortex alone that they would be interested in a Tip-Chip for our cars so that math would tell you that there would also be a very good number interested in a hardware solution as well.
If you haven't read that topic much you should know that we have an interested software partner.
Honestly a lot is riding on this face-to-face contact.
Make us proud http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (Jetta_1.8Tip)

you can also find the trans code on a sticker in the trunk, under the carpet on the fuel pump acess door. unless someone ripped it off.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (baomo)

Quote, originally posted by baomo »
you can also find the trans code on a sticker in the trunk, under the carpet on the fuel pump acess door. unless someone ripped it off.

Thanks i found it from there. Its a 01m.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts

so what did they tell you.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (baomo)

Had a little problem getting there. When you get 1 flat you have a spare. When you get 2 flats you have a problem. I parked my car at a lot had a friend go get some new tires fitted on. Put them on and went home i was pretty pissed since it was a 2 hour ordeal. I'll go next week.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

New plan, i'll go down there with the turbo installed on my car ill go down.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts

i dont live too far...might have to make a little detour on the way home from the shore

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (Spooled_AWP)

hehe, more people bothering them the better.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts

haha...ive called a few times...
Jetta1.8TIP...i have some good news for ya

·
Registered
5,171 Posts

ended up not going down the shore

might take a ride over sometime this week though

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Re: Im going to Level 10 on Friday the 17th, What do you want me to ask them ? (Spooled_AWP)

Well... whoever winds up going and whenever they go please be sure to ask all the questions above

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote, originally posted by Spooled_AWP »
ended up not going down the shore

might take a ride over sometime this week though

Wanta meet up and tag team them just give me a holla.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SleepyTT »

Wanta meet up and tag team them just give me a holla.

That's a great idea... I wish I could go too

1 - 20 of 37 Posts