628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to start looking for upgradeing my suspension stufs\f
recomendations for
stuts
springs
anti roll bars(sway)
and does anyone make a strut tower brace for the 4kq
alsso prices are appreciated as im in a tight budget http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,501 Posts
Re: im going to start looking for upgradeing my suspe ... (the tankman cometh)

My suggestions:
Struts: Koni "yellows" Adjustables
Springs: If you want lowest drop, get Eibach, yet they are a linear sping, which means they react to any amont of force the same way. Ther total drop is usually 2 inches. H&R's are a progressive spring wich react to force on a upward curve, increasing in force, there usual drop is 1 1/2 inches.
Sway bars: I'm not sure but I think you can add a rear sway bar as 4000's alreayd have a front sway bar from the factory.
Strut tower brace: Jamex used to make strut bars for these car, but the either went belly-up or jsut stop making stuff for our cars. You can find them used on ebay rarley. Or, you can go the custom route and have one fab'ed for yourself.
As for prices, you want the beast deal? Do you own shopping
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i heard that u can find a 8/90/ strut bar and do something to the bracket to make em fit
but blau has one dont tehy on the hotquat?
i dont really need adjustibles it would be nice but thats to much i think some eibachs for sporings
and what would work better with the stiffer springs turbogas or bilstiens? could my kyb's handel stiffer shocks?
would a progresive spring give me truck like ride on the highway? my bros stock suspension feels like it and its so annoying

· Banned
21,206 Posts
Re: (the tankman cometh)

Exactly, no need to spend tons to get a ncie suspenesion. I LOVE my Boge Turbos. I've heard good things about H&R springs, but I'm rolling on stock springs (bad roads). As for a rear bar, if you are the handy type (as I know you are), you can use a stock 4Ks front bar at your rear. You jsut have to drill some holes in the control arms to connect it to and use U-bolts for the other connections. Of course you could spend a bit more and jsut get an Addaco (sp?) bar. What size wheels/tires do you have? The BIGGEST change in my case was when I upgraded the tires and wheels...

· Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have the cabrio/90 five spokes wrapped in 205/50/15's
i was thinking on a h and r springs and some turbo gas
thinjk i will rub with the lowerd hnr spring? i had slight rubbing problem when i got new tires but i kinda rolled the fender a slight bit and that stoped
would yall not recomend just getting h an r's and useing my kyb's?

i dont want my rear to be sqwirly in the snow with a rear bar tho

· Banned
21,206 Posts
Re: im going to start looking for upgradeing my suspe ... (Bboble)

First, get rid of the 205/50/15s and get the right sise (195/50/15).
now, IIRC the cabrio wheels are ET37? With ET37 and 195/50/15s you should be able to lower just find. With the 205's you may need to roll the fenders a bit. if the cabrio wheels are ET35, you'll definitly rub if lowered more than an inch or so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.