VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mk2 GTI Vr swap, I replaced the starter this week and I got charging problems right off the bat. I replaced the alternator and it still wasnt charging. I found the blue exciter wire to be broken near the starter and fixed it. Now when I start the car the starter continues to spin until I kill ignition. I also put in a brand new ignition switch. going crazy, please help.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
I'd be looking around where you did the "fix" of the blue exciter wire and the terminal where the power comes into the starter solenoid.

there is always the "replace engine and wire to stock option".

Buying a swapped car with out some sort of reliable schematic is kind of silly unless you have done similar swaps and know, first hand, what's going on with the wiring.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be looking around where you did the "fix" of the blue exciter wire and the terminal where the power comes into the starter solenoid.

there is always the "replace engine and wire to stock option".

Buying a swapped car with out some sort of reliable schematic is kind of silly unless you have done similar swaps and know, first hand, what's going on with the wiring.
Yeh Im silly like that lol, I had the chance to snatch this car up so I did. "replace engine and wire to stock option"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.