VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

I'm in love.

1K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  DiscoZ 
#1 ·
Well, I finally got it. Its beautiful, smart, has a great personality, and likes to be driven. Picked the car up Wednesday evening, and have been in the car more than any other place since.
Georgetown VW did an awesome job prepping it. Absolutely perfect! I've never seen a car shine so much as when I went to pick it up. Both the president and the sales person went over everything for almost an hour. Mind you, this was at 7:30pm, one hour later than when I was supposed to pick it up. But, they stayed back!!
Thank you Georgetown VW, for the great service and car! These guys really went beyond their duty to help me out. Needless to say, I'll be going there for all my car needs.
I am going to go back to Queensway and show them how they lost a customer who needed a car without any hassles of bargaining for a price and what not, and who wanted to pay cash.
Since Wed night, I've driven it almost 350km. I can't believe how fast this thing is. I have to consciously try to keep the revs under 3000 on the hwy. The damn thing is so quiet, its hard to tell how fast you are going.

Nerio.

#4 ·
Re: I'm in love. (nerio)

Nope, its a 2002 Jetta GLS VR6 with every possible option and package, in galactic blue with black leather.
This reminds me. I am at work, and I have been away from the car for about 20 minutes. Must go back and oogle it again.
Nerio.

#8 ·

Total price with every possible option package, ie. sports luxury, leather, 6 disc changer, winter wheels/tires, and all taxes, (GST, PST, AIR, GAS) and frieght, PDI, etc came to $37,300CDN...MSRP was $32,250
Nerio.

#9 ·

Congradulations Nerio http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif ,Im getting my Jetta GLS 1.8t loaded in about two weeks,I hope it doesnt snow before that
.I do not know about you Nerio but Toronto seems abit salt crazy the last few years,during last year "mild" winter the street salters were going nuts with the street salts,my street alone was salted three times in two days,there was more salt than snow

#13 ·

My opinion, even if I don't use a bra, don't get one they diminish the looks of the car (I think they're ugly...sorry...like someone driving a grand am would put one and that would be ok but not a VW). I've been driving my car through 2 winters in Montreal (harsher winters than Toronto) and I have very few paint chips from sand/salt/gravel spread on the highways/streets. Also, I would be afraid that the paint exposed to daylight vs. the unexposed part underneath the bra would make a notifiable demarcation.

[Modified by Daniel_Letendre, 9:54 AM 11-23-2001]

#14 ·
Congrats on the new ride!

You always love your car the most for the first few months. After that you will still love it, but soon the the little squeeks and rattles will come and you will be like
what the hell is this all about??? This seems to be the case with most of the people ive talked too, do what i do, just spend more money on it and then i like it more and more

#15 ·
Re: (Jett Wolf)

quote:[HR][/HR]Congrats on the new ride!

You always love your car the most for the first few months. After that you will still love it, but soon the the little squeeks and rattles will come and you will be like
what the hell is this all about??? This seems to be the case with most of the people ive talked too, do what i do, just spend more money on it and then i like it more and more
[HR][/HR]​
squeaks... they do come, more $$$ on the car... well... its inevitable.
I like my car more now than when I first bought it. Give it about 10k and then chip it. Youll feel like you just bought a BRAND new car! This ones on me

#16 ·

Hey nerio, I also used to go to queensway volkswagen, but stopped going there becasue their service department totally sucks. Where about is Georgetown VW?? It may be my next place for service??
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#18 ·
Queensway blows!

quote:[HR][/HR]I also used to go to queensway volkswagen, but stopped going there becasue their service department totally sucks [HR][/HR]​
So I dropped by Queensway on a Saturday to pick up some VW leather cleaner, you know the stuff you can buy at the dealer. So it's sitting in this little glass display case along with some other VW junk (pens, Mugs etc).
And I'm like, "Hey I'd like to buy the leather cleaner."
And she says, "Oh I'm sorry our service department is closed today."
And I'm like, "Yeah but it's a display case, just open it up."
And she says, "I'm sorry sir, the diplay case is part of our service department and it's closed on the weekend."
So I'm like, "You're f@$&in kidding me right?"
But she refused to open the case.
Retarded!

#21 ·

Seriously, give Georgetown VW a try. It may be a little far for those in the GTA, but it is really woth it. They have been really great to me. Give them a chance to do your next service, and see what I am talking about.
Nerio

#22 ·
Re: I'm in love. (soundzero)

quote:[HR][/HR] Georgetown VW
well. lucky you that you have luxury of buying a car from a such a good neighborhood. Ofcourse the dealership is high quality. Not like the one that I had to deal with in Allston MA, called Boston VW.
anyway congrats!
[HR][/HR]​
Heh! I almost bought a car from there. I decided to go with Brookline VW/Audi Instead. They looked more legit. So, any experiences with the Brookline VW/Audi service dept.?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.