VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I'm a poor struggling VW enthusiast, so I'm forced to paint my spoiler myself. I'll post up pics as soon as I can. If this works out nice, it will have cost me $95 for the spoiler and $10 for the paint and clear (both in sprayable touch-up form).
Man i hope this turn out good....
Here's the spoiler in question...

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: i'm in the process of self-painting my m3 spoiler...wish me luck! (SAMMICHES)

Quote, originally posted by SAMMICHES »
Fair the Well. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

???

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: i'm in the process of self-painting my m3 spoiler...wish me luck! (Black Magic VW)

Quote, originally posted by Black Magic VW »

I think he meant Fair thee well.

Thanks!
I'll have pics up tomorrow. that is....if it came out ok...

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: i'm in the process of self-painting my m3 spoiler...wish me luck! (Mk4VeeDub)

Quote, originally posted by Mk4VeeDub »
so how did it come out?

i need to add a few more coats of clear...i think it will look as good as a spolierdepot.com piece. the red is a touch off, but thats expected with red. I actually returned my spoiler the first time i got it for my GTI b/c i thought the color was wrong when in reality the red had just changed color.
here's an example of the color difference. I'll have pics on my GLI later...
(as in this bit, the color difference is minor...)

·
Registered
12,366 Posts
Re: i'm in the process of self-painting my m3 spoiler...wish me luck! (VTECeateR)

i'm a decent painter....but i decided to leave my M3 spoiler to the professionals....cost me all of $100 for mine to be painted and installed....the M3 spolier is not the correct shape/bend for the trunk..so they heated it up in their paint booth for a while to make it more pliable....then attached it with 3m tape...good luck on your job and props for doing it yourself!
Dan

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: i'm in the process of self-painting my m3 spoiler...wish me luck! (JettaManDan)

Quote, originally posted by JettaManDan »
i'm a decent painter....but i decided to leave my M3 spoiler to the professionals....cost me all of $100 for mine to be painted and installed....the M3 spolier is not the correct shape/bend for the trunk..so they heated it up in their paint booth for a while to make it more pliable....then attached it with 3m tape...good luck on your job and props for doing it yourself!
Dan

ya, you gave me the inspiration to do it myself....worst case i WILL get it professionally painted/installed

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: i'm in the process of self-painting my m3 spoiler...wish me luck! (VTECeateR)

well the prognosis is......I'm gonna get it done professionally. For some reason i just didn't like the color that came out. even tho it's the correct code, i'll go somewhere and match it to the current color instead of the paint code... oh well. It was very shiny with almost NO orange peel tho!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.