VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into one of those weird ebay wormholes where waste time looking at photos of cars for sale there. I stumbled upon a Black Label MKZ and that is their top end. Either the person who took the pics is fantastic or it seems like they really went the extra mile in this interior. The materials look fantastic.

It's hard to find a review of one of these things, but from the pics the materials at least makes the interior look the part of a $60K luxury car.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
The new Continental is out now too I've been watching videos/walkarounds and damn that looks like a comfortable car. I think the below videos are the second highest trim. One step below Black Label

·
Registered
46,788 Posts
That is a really nice interior.

The exterior is OK but I think would look better if they extended the C pillar window to match the roof line.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape SE, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
4,181 Posts
The mismatched gaps on the pieces of silver trim between the lid on the console and the brown leather outlining the dashboard are bothering me. The console lid also has an uneven top edge.

But I'm nitpicking. It is a great interior.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
The mismatched gaps on the pieces of silver trim between the lid on the console and the brown leather outlining the dashboard is bothering me. The console lid also has an uneven top edge.

But I'm nitpicking. It is a great interior.
It's uneven straight on to appear even from the driving position :laugh:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That looks very nice! Good to see more car companies in the US finally offering interior choices other than just gray beige or all black snooze-fests. Switch gear and bright work look nice, as well. I'd love to see one in person. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
19,114 Posts
That is a really nice interior.

The exterior is OK but I think would look better if they extended the C pillar window to match the roof line.

Personally I prefer the C pillar to be getting wider at it's base, like classic sedans. That way it looks less like an Audi side window shape.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

This nose, grille and headlights looked sooooo much better than the refresh IMO. I give Lincoln yet another year before they change the grille again :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Overall Lincoln is doing some nice things with their designs. I'm patiently awaiting the reality of the Navigator concept, this should be the segment benchmark when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Even I Can't Believe It, But I'm Impressed by Lincoln Also!

After 2+ weeks of ownership of our 2013 MKZ Hybrid, we are very happy with it also. Ours is a Reserve Package (one step below Black Label), and the details I keep finding continue to impress me. Things like the triple laminated side glass may not be evident right away, but are surely noticed when riding next to a long haul truck on the interstate. Also, I really like that the back seat area is as nicely finished as the front seats. Details such as felt lined door pockets, LED Lighting in the door trim and along the back of the center console, same quality leather material as up front, and heated rear seats make it an extremely pleasant place to be. I recently just came upon the rear reading lights, which I hadn't noticed earlier. These are completely hidden by the headliner, however, if you wave your hand just below one of the two LED dots projecting through the material, a bright LED light comes on, passing right through the headliner material. Speaking of LEDs, I took a look at the bulb chart in the owner's manual, and EVERY light is LED, including the adaptive headlamps, which turn with the steering wheel. Also, as silly as this sounds, I like the power trunk lid. It is nice to not only be able to open the trunk from the driver's seat or remotely, but also the ability to close it is fantastic! These are the details that I really appreciate, and make it worth so much more than a Fusion.

Honestly, it's a shame these cars are so overlooked. Without a $75 Test Drive Offer, I probably would not have even bothered to look at the car myself. Everyone knows that the Fusion chassis is fantastic, now add in a some really sharp styling, and a slew of luxury touches, and you have an extremely comfortable, yet good handling car. I think that these cars have been poorly marketed, and they don't get media attention because they aren't trying to beat BMW. They are instead focused on being what Lincoln has always meant - A comfortable luxury car. And that I respect.

What Lincoln really needs is a staff that understands all of these details, and is able to point all of these out to prospective buyers to show the value of the cars. Most of the salesman I have dealt with didn't know much at all about the car, and talked mostly about the ride quality. Yes, it is good, but there is so much more they need to show off!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts