VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (DC VR6)

I am also looking at one on Saturday... it's a pre-owned Audi Certified one.......
I would like to know as much as I can about the potential problems...

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (Morio)

Quote, originally posted by Morio »
I am also looking at one on Saturday... it's a pre-owned Audi Certified one.......
I would like to know as much as I can about the potential problems...

CPO Audis are the way to go if you can pay the overhead. We're friendly with a top tech at our local Audi dealer, and he's told us all sorts of stuff is covered at least once under the CPO warranty. Burn up a clutch? One replacement. Burn up the pads/rotors? One replacement. IIRC the only thing that isn't covered is tires, which can be a problem with the camber of the rear track.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (Raman Gain)

In my old 2001 225:
Blown motor (timing belt) - covered
Intermittent quattro failure (cause uncertain) - covered
Instrument cluster - covered
Broken Mirror Adjuster - covered
Boost leak - happened while we were on our way to drop it off and pick up the 3.2 liter.
Note that all this stuff was covered under the factory warranty, but I think it would all be covered under the CPO warranty as well.
...but don't let me convince you not to buy one. They are awesome! Just get one with a warranty, unless you plan to mod it heavily.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (Kammer)

The instrument cluster is a problem as well as the turbo if it is not taken care of properly, I think if it was properly taken care of you won't have to many problems.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (Giancarlo)

thanks all....
I drove it and now I have to change my sig

·
Registered
859 Posts
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (DC VR6)

I just bought one 2 weeks ago, had to replace the MAF unit already.
Under warranty by the dealership. Car has 36,115 miles 2001 TT225hp

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (RonsR32)

I've been wanting to buy one since they came out.. I've been keeping my eye out as to problems with specific years.. From what I've read from other TT owners 2002 + seam to have less problems than the first two.. again that is coming from the owners themselves on the boads.
I'm trying to pick up a 2002 TT 225 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I'm looking at buying a 2001 225 hp TT (whodeani)

The blow MAF sensor is prob the same ones that are in VW's. My MAF just went and has to be replaced under a recall.
I'm nervous about driving and all wheel drive car and major problems that can go wrong with all the complicated moving parts.
thanks for everyone's info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts