VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my name is Bobby and I currently hail in florida i'm not a vw driver yet but I plan on being 1 by next year. My situation is long and out played so i'll break it down fast. I currently have an 02 svt focus i've had this car a little more then a year and came to the conclusion that its a pos. My dad is willing to help me with a purchase of a new car sub 20k im so im taking soem ideas from ppl that own the diffrent cars I want. I was looking @ either the wrx or 1.8t i was looking for some pro's and cons of each of these cars I know the wrx is 25k msrp but i've got my own stash saved up for this event. the 1.8t is my dream car i lvoe the bosy the motor everything about it is a bonus but i also like the wrx b/c of its beefy hp and awd (i know it will only put like 180 to the wheels but come on its awd
) so i was just lookign for ideas with the money that i save buying the 1.8t over the wrx i can dump serious money into it. how far could i go if i decided to get this car b4 i start having warrenty issues? thanks

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Re: i'm new help me out (sho nuff)

Welcome to the Vortex
Unfortunatley I have not owned either car
But I do know this, the WRX does have more hp stock and can be tuned to go even faster(oops, forgot it had awd too), but I think the new WRX's are kind of ugly(sorry...JMO
) Now on the other hand, the GTi 1.8T has 180hp and can be tuned to go faster as well and it looks alot better too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Not being biased or anything, I do like Japanese Imports as well, but these are JMO's on these two particlar vehicles.

Modified by INSANE808JETTA at 6:41 AM 7-1-2003

Modified by INSANE808JETTA at 6:43 AM 7-1-2003

1 - 2 of 2 Posts