VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i just bought a 01 2.0 jetta and i have no idea what i can do to get my car quicker. i thought it would be cool to get one cause where i live everyone is into hondas and nissans. i would love to have something all motor but im not sure if it would be better to turbo or supercharge it and if i did either one what would i need to do. im totally clueless on what to do or where to start. all ideas and imput would be cool.
thanks guys

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: im new.... (vidamand)

how much do you have to spend, and what sort of climate do you live in, and whats your gas budget and are you prepared to spend +10 cents a liter for being quicker?

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
Also, what are your overall goals for the car? Do you want something to have marginelly better passing power, drag racer, or something that can rip up a set of mountain roads and/or road course?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Re: im new.... (vidamand)

Exhaust/chip/cam combo ... nah just make it look pretty

Oh Welcome to the vortex, grab your wallet hard or the tex will make a huge dent in it.

Modified by randallhb at 2:31 PM 4-21-2006

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dont really have a budget yet. i kind of just wanted to stay under the 4k range right now. i like in south mississippi where its alway hot and humid. gas isnt that much of an issue. lot of guys i know have turbos so i know what thats going to be like. thats also why i kind of wanted something all motor. that and its just more reliable. thanks for the welcoming buds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (vidamand)

oh yeah i dont really car about ripping guys asses out. id be happy with something that runs low 14s to high 13s

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: (vidamand)

like randallhb said exhaust/chip/ cam is probably where you want to start. If you want more ( which I think everybody does) look into a BBM supercharger. You mentioned being clueless and superchargers are less maintence and they are upgradable.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Re: (VeeDubwalter)

Quote, originally posted by VeeDubwalter »
like randallhb said exhaust/chip/ cam is probably where you want to start. If you want more ( which I think everybody does) look into a BBM supercharger. You mentioned being clueless and superchargers are less maintence and they are upgradable.

Lysholm is not available for a MKIV...

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Re: (ABF Jeff)

Quote, originally posted by ABF Jeff »
Lysholm is not available for a MKIV...

Yes, this is quite unfortunate!
I've been day dreaming about one for over 2 years now...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Re: (vasillalov)

if you are going to spend that kind of money (around $4000)don't bother with a cam/chip/intake and what not... get a nice 2.5" exhaust and buy the stage one turbo kit from EIP and buy a nice stage one clutch, lw steel flywheel and pick up a diff... I belive with some practice that will put it in the 14's
this way you will get an intake, chip and a turbo, with out replacing the cam and you will see a decent amount of power and trust me you will be happy with the car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts