VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please note: I got permission from the mods before posting. It *might* get locked anyway, but that won't deter me.
A little background: I've posted actively for more than 4 years ( longer if you count previous usernames) and I have met a large number of you in person at shows, etc. I am a judge at both H20 and Waterfest for the past several years, and have seen a lot of you grow and develop new projects. I show my car at every event that allows it, and I feel that most of you know me by my face rather than by me screenname. Some of you even noticed the empty space with a picture of my Cabrio at Waterfest 2004 and H20I 2004 ( thanks to Jacob for storing that display, and transporting it 600 miles to each show).
Enough yakking: I am going back to the Middle East, not by choice, for the 3rd time. I know a lot of you do not agree with the war ( or whatever it is).
Whether I agree or not, I have to go. So there will be no Waterfest or H20 or VAGFair for me this year. And I won't be back until this time in 2009.
A short timeline for the car.

Feel free to post pics etc. All comments are welcome, even people who hate me as a judge, unless I hit you with a waterballon across the street at H20. In which case, learn to move faster, you mkIV @#$%!
(Flame suit on)

· Registered
22,448 Posts
I support the toops no matter what, and have friends and family over there and afganistan....
Don't need to know your or my opinion of the war, but I do love the thanks of a grateful Arab run OPEC and how they have repaid us for removing a wild card..
God Bless take care.

· Registered
404 Posts
Re: (briano1234)

I care.
Thanks for going whether you want too or not. My freedom is because you go. Thanks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
-dasdachshund

· Registered
18,724 Posts
Re: I'm not sure anyone cares, but (DaddyOfPayton)

Move to Canada, quick!

All kidding aside, stay safe over there! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
756 Posts
Re: I'm not sure anyone cares, but (kamzcab86)

I have lost too many friends to all the chaos over there, and the only thing I can say is that more people than you know sleep soundly at night safe in the knowledge that Men and Women like you are here to protect us. Thank you for doing what you do.

· Registered
5,012 Posts

First of all, the gage faces rock http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif looks like you've got your priorities straight.

Secondly, good luck going back to Iraq.
I made more or less the same post several years ago when I was going back over again after 911 to "get my tan off the coast of Iran".
After 20 years of service, my time at the "tip of the spear" is over now but that only makes my feelings stronger for the people still doing the work and making the sacrifices to finish the job.
To too many "freedom isn't free" is just a cliche, but only someone in the military can know the real cost.
The quote in my signature is from the revolutionary war but I think it's still very applicable today.
Steve

· Registered
3,325 Posts
Re: I'm not sure anyone cares, but (DaveLinger)

Whether or not I agree with the war is immaterial. I respect all of our men and women who are over there. May you come back safely to your family. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif If you do get the the time and the internet access, please be sure to say hi and let us know you are ok.

Modified by kuklaki at 1:19 AM 3-20-2008

· Registered
1,468 Posts
Re: I'm not sure anyone cares, but (kuklaki)

I doubt you'll require the flame suit here... Good luck and be safe. It tends to remain fresh in the majority of minds in these parts since much of Ft. Campbell is there now. If ever through KHOP at Ft. Campbell, give me a shout through the A/DACG or look for my the old '89 skirting the ramps...

· Registered
819 Posts

Jim, we will all keep a good thought for you, your family and your unit. Godspeed.
In late April/early May, my wife and I are expecting the return to CONUS of our USArmy SSGT Miller after completion of his third sandbox vacation in Iraq and neighboring villages.
You're correct about the suntans. Soldiers like Zach come back with tan lines on their wrists and lower jaw... the only areas not covered by SAPI armor or Kevlar.
Send some pics of the local Cabrios. Many are already slammed

· Registered
5,939 Posts
Re: I'm not sure anyone cares, but (montmil)

Quote, originally posted by montmil »

Send some pics of the local Cabrios. Many are already slammed

Seriously I've seen a few Mk1s in the news reports. I'm thinking they might prefer to part those out in stead of fix 'em....
Stay safe and we'll have a 'Tex party when yo get back!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.