VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and this doesn't even have to do with my car.
anyway, what is the deal with someone ditching their work and leaving people with a half finished car and just the name of some stranger that we're supposed to trust all of a sudden? i don't get it. how can a guy who's been doing the bodywork on a car just up and stop it for no good reason and not feel obligated to at least finish the one job they have left before quitting altogether. is it just me or is that just not right? the car is only about half done and the guy said he won't work on it any more. is there anything we can do about this? do we have any rights or are we sol? i'm so pissed at this guy i'm not allowed to call him....
anyway, had to vent cuz it's been bottled up for two days now.
x infiniti!!!!

· Registered
2,819 Posts
Re: i'm so pissed... (stargirl501)

That's bogus http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif He should at least show the professional courtesy to finish a job he took on before he quits. People have no integrity these days.
You didn't pay for the whole job up front, did you?

· Registered
4,870 Posts

Ryan's car??

· Banned
896 Posts
Re: i'm so pissed... (GTI017)

That sucks ass! I would think that if you paid him for services, but he hasn't done work equivalent to what you've paid, than you'd have some sort of legal recourse. Really what you need to do is write down all the facts and make an appointment with an attorney.

· Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: i'm so pissed... (Justadubinaround)

Quote, originally posted by Justadubinaround »
That sucks ass! I would think that if you paid him for services, but he hasn't done work equivalent to what you've paid, than you'd have some sort of legal recourse. Really what you need to do is write down all the facts and make an appointment with an attorney.

yeah, but it was a pay-as-he-gets-stuff-done kind of job. which really makes it worse on our end.

· Registered
19,668 Posts

So if you had paid him the whole ammount up front, would he have done the whole thing? Doesn't sound like the type of business I'd want to deal with. I'd want them to do the work then I'll pay them.
He might have just need the space or somthing. I know some people like to know they will be paid all at once when the job is done, rather than have to work on it whe you have some money.

· Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: i'm so pissed... (MEISTER)

it was an agreement made last summer since the guy had some illnesses to deal with, which he says he's fine now and feeling better. the deal was he'd work on when he had time, which means it would take much much longer than usual. that way he still got some money for what he was doing and it would get done eventually. just sucks so much cuz the guy really seemed like a nice guy, and a few others here know him and of him too. i'm just shocked he would do this. i mean, i understand wanting to stop working and so he doesn't want to take on any new jobs. but, for God's sake at least finish what you've started a year ago!

· Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: i'm so pissed... ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
ill go talk to him and see what i can do...but is there something im missing cuz there always two sides of the story

honestly, i hope you're right, i really hope there is some other reason to just drop it after saying he was almost ready to take it back just a week ago. then fine, but from what i know, it was just dropped.

· Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: i'm so pissed... (NeuroW)

Quote, originally posted by NeuroW »
I don't think I would want to force him into finishing it. He would probably just do a ****ty job if he is forced to finish it!

i know, which just makes the situation suck even more. cuz he does a fabulous job at what he does. but he just won't finish it. egads. well, i do feel better from venting but i just wish we could get it resolved too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.