VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right i hate how much tools cost...anyway i have a 7mm hex key and what do i need a 22mm box wrench to get around the nut?? Can't seem to get in there with just a regular open 22mm wrench...im retarded and have grown up on hondas and these damn VW's drive me crazy....what do i need to get this fuker off?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Re: I'm stupid...what exact tools do i need to take off stock struts (VeeDubBBoy)

air gun on top nut inside engine compartment, spring compressor to prevent flying springs with tons of force, thats about it, I think.
I think you can rent a spring compressor for a few bucks, its just a couple of clamps you screw on.
With the air impact gun you dont need to hold the hex in the centre, because the nut gets hit in stages with the air gun

[Modified by CorradoFANATIC, 9:53 AM 2-7-2002]

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Re: I'm stupid...what exact tools do i need to take off stock struts (NVmyVW)

very necessary, to get the strut assy out though, i have used a regular socket on the strut mount nut with some channel locks to hold the socket with a cheater on the allen wrench... sounds rigged and it is but it worked-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.