VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to import a Corrado into Canada? I've read the registrar of imported vehicles forms and it states that it doesn't pass Canadian safety standards. I wanted to know if anyone here has inported one successfully, and how!
Ed

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (theRiby)

u can import one from germany,its gotta be '89 tho.
check http://www.autoscout.de they have crapload of '89 g60s for sale.

2,100 euro

its gonna cost u about 800 bux to bring the car over the pond.
do a search on webcrawler regarding importing german cars,there's a web page of some dude in hamburg who helps ppl to ship cars to states 'n canada.

Modified by dJ_fRuStRaTe at 3:50 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (GolfGLSGirl)

u can bring any car to canada but it has to be 15 years or older.
actually,there r soooo many exceptions,like u can bring a newer car if u got it as a gift,or if u lived overseas for 6 months or more etc.....

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (dJ_fRuStRaTe)

yah...or just join the armed forces...u pretty much get to bring whatever you want...from wherever you want http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (white lightning)

not sure if it only applies to the states, but the corrado, all years, are banned for import

don't know if the 15 yr rule overrules that ban
i can't remember the gov site with the listings of banned cars...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (Rocc and Rado)

The 15 year rule has been debated many times on CCC, but it hasn't been tested because the only Corrado's that classify so far are the '89's and they were only in Europe. I'm aware of one 1992 G60 that was successfully imported to Canada, but that was done in 1992 before the Corrado was placed on the gov't blacklist. You can import any '95 back into Canada because they are guarunteed to be CDN cars originally. The bottom line is that US Corrado's are blacklisted on the import list and the only Corrados that can be imported from the US to Canada are cars that were originally CDN in the first place. It kinda sucks because the US Corrado's are usually priced so much cheaper than ours, but you're going to have to buy a CDN car if you want a Corrado. It's not all bad though, at least you won't have to deal with those silly auto seat belts and knee breakers that the American cars were cursed with.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (SuperCorrado)

Quote »
I'm aware of one 1992 G60 that was successfully imported to Canada, but that was done in 1992 before the Corrado was placed on the gov't blacklist.

Actually, according to the CarFax report, my '92 Corrado G60 was imported in 1996 into Quebec from NJ. But then again I have so many know-it-all Ontario peeps tell me they see '92 Corrados.

Modified by GolfGLSGirl at 3:12 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (GolfGLSGirl)

Quote, originally posted by GolfGLSGirl »
Actually, according to the CarFax report, my '92 Corrado G60 was imported in 1996 into Quebec from NJ. But then again I have so many know-it-all Ontario peeps tell me they see '92 Corrados.

Modified by GolfGLSGirl at 3:12 PM 2-13-2004

opps, my bad..... I thought you'd said it was imported in 1992

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Importing a Corrado into Canada (theRiby)

Has anyone here imported a Corrado from Europe? I saw the used prices for 89's with relatively low mileage, the deals seem amazing!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts