VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here! Actually never thought I would own a Volkswagen (I know that's blasphemy to most of you, sorry!) but my wife and I became owners last night. Went to a friend's house and across the street there was a fro sale sign on a pretty dirty and slightly used car. 1986 Volks Cabriolet Wolfsburg Ed. for $750! We checked it out and it turned out the girl that owned it was tired of putting money into it. She thought it would be a pefect "cute" car for her but she decided to sell it. She ran down the list of everything she'd done in the past three years. I thought she'd done just about everything that needed to be done! New tranny, clutch, throwout bearing, cable. Headgasket, master cylinder, rooftop, tires, CVs. The leather interior, roof, carpets, paint were all dirty as heck but in good shape. No broken glass. She complained that it started to get hot when she sat in traffic, but after opening the hood my buddy who is a VW fan noticed the electic fan wasn't plugged in! Problem solved. Oil, water, exhuast all looked clean. We settle on $700 and I drove it home. Planning on a tune-up tonight and emissions tomorrow. It's a fun little car! I hope I can get some good tips from this board. See ya! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Re: Impulse Buy! (vwlippy)

welcome to the club
and
for ripping
off a girl that wasn't smart enough
to be on the TEX to learn....
or maybe she is here?
... hmmmmmm

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Re: Impulse Buy! (Dude, where's my top)

Another one sucked into the vw club.
You know you will spend all your free time moding and fixing your new dub!

Enjoy, they are fun cars!

·
Banned
3,090 Posts
Re: Impulse Buy! (vwgtipowr)

Oh man, you have a wife? Jes, I feel sorry für her. She may like the car now, but just wait until you get into modding it. I've got one word my friend... diamonds.
welcome to the club. and if all else fails... post it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts